What Else Are You Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
has anyone done loom knitting? not the huge room filling kind. this one is hand held. if u have please tell me if you were happy with the results.

Is this what you are talking about, Babe?

Attachments

• knitter.jpg
    knitter.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 137
I made a bulletin board using a heavy duty cardboard picture back and a pillow case. I used a cream background rust paisley pillowcase. It came out really good.

A friend of mine just stopped by and gave me 4 pairs of pants to shorten, one of them needed tomorrow.:ohmy:

That should keep me busy for a couple of days. He also has 5 pairs of his own pants that he'll have to try on and mark for me, then I'll have those to do too.

I had gotten started on making the blouse. I cut out the front of the blouse, but have run into a "situation".

Babe, or anyone, please take a look at this pattern: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ttL7GanW-HHMik8mQ&sig2=jpDuq0Ix7woXrlTwXNat0Q

The fabric is the same as the pillowcase, cut from the bottom twin size sheet. There is a seam right down the middle of the blouse, according to the pattern.

I'm thinking that I could make it seamless easily, and not have to break up the pretty paisley. It's a really loose style, and I think I could make adjustments to the cut out piece, or if necessary, cut a new piece out of the top sheet.

What do you think?

sorry i just saw this. i am sure what you planned will work. just put piece on the fold, i think that should do it. ;)

sorry i just saw this. i am sure what you planned will work. just put piece on the fold, i think that should do it. ;)

Thanks. I did get so far as to use the front pattern piece without the center seam and will just use the other front piece, with the seam in the back.

The two pattern pieces are identical except for the neckline.

I checked out the facings patterns and they just won't work, so I traced the neckline onto a piece of paper and will use that for my facings patterns.

If I ever finish these pants. I got the next to last one done today. I've been fighting with my sewing machine tension throughout this whole project.

My friend tells me he thinks he has more work for me. I'm going to have to break it to him that I don't really want to do this.

If I'm going to do this, I'll have to buy a better sewing machine.:LOL:

that is exactly it. i found on line but the shipping is as much as the loom. going to check at joanne's fabric. have you used one or do you know someone that has. would like a review. ;)

I got mine at Walmart, a few different sizes. Using cotton yarn I was able to make several reusable grocery bags, very basic, no pattern. They look good and work well. But, I get very frustrated with things like this, so I quit. But, it was easy to learn and use.

Don't swipe hand made gifts.

This year I made up large gift bags of hand made soaps, Bars, liquids, and my own specially blended wax for container candles. Added soap dispensers and a few beautifully hand crafted ceramic soap dishes. They were some gorgeous looking bags. Wish now I had taken pictures of them. People had been asking when I'm getting back to work they missed my stuff. I work when it suits me now. So when they finally do get them. It's a Dog eat dog world out there. Sheesh...It's bordering criminal.

Yesterday I got a phone call from one of the recipients.
He was absolutely upset that someone had grabbed his bag of goods! It was an honest mistake that's going to be corrected. The person who did it is sorry. He made them sorry! LOL!

I did fix another bag up for him and had it sent over.
Boy people wait forever to get the handmade stuff, when it disappears they certainly do get testy about it.

Munky.

I got mine at Walmart, a few different sizes. Using cotton yarn I was able to make several reusable grocery bags, very basic, no pattern. They look good and work well. But, I get very frustrated with things like this, so I quit. But, it was easy to learn and use.

looks like it would just be the ticket for hats. knitting in the round by hand just escapes me. thought this might help.

Thanks. I did get so far as to use the front pattern piece without the center seam and will just use the other front piece, with the seam in the back.

The two pattern pieces are identical except for the neckline.

I checked out the facings patterns and they just won't work, so I traced the neckline onto a piece of paper and will use that for my facings patterns.

If I ever finish these pants. I got the next to last one done today. I've been fighting with my sewing machine tension throughout this whole project.

My friend tells me he thinks he has more work for me. I'm going to have to break it to him that I don't really want to do this.

If I'm going to do this, I'll have to buy a better sewing machine.:LOL:

i hate hemming pants. people think it is so easy. depends on how thick the material is, i think. i have a friend? that always brings me stuff to hem or mend. doesn't ask, just brings it and of course i do it for free. wish i could tell her to at least ask. then she expects it to be done right away. grrrrrrr:mad:

i hate hemming pants. people think it is so easy. depends on how thick the material is, i think. i have a friend? that always brings me stuff to hem or mend. doesn't ask, just brings it and of course i do it for free. wish i could tell her to at least ask. then she expects it to be done right away. grrrrrrr:mad:

Do you remind her your are retired and quite busy with it? She needs to make an appointment. Some people's kids! Humpf!

I am a weaver. I have used that type of "tool" in all different sizes. It is very easy to use. It is also easy to make--you just cut a circle of wood, tap in finishing nails, and you've got it.

PrincessFiona.
Would love some input on soap making. What book is best to buy
Or do I search the net for directions. Is it a expensive hobby ?
I know they sell a lot of homemade soap online but by the price they
like it better than I do. :)

Josie
I started out easy by using the glycerine blocks you can buy in the craft stores. Any essential oil can be used to scent it. I try to buy stuff when Michael's, Joan, etc have 50% off coupons. A lot of times you can use things around the house as add ins, dry oats is an example.

I had brought back a bin of yarn from my mom's a couple of years' ago (since she can't knit/crochet any more). I used "trums" for Myrtle's coat and just kinda wandered. My great-aunt K taught me how to crochet. I haven't forgotten...it's been a long time, but I must say, while doing that, I felt K looking over my shoulder. She died in 1987.

CWS4322 said:
I'm trying to figure out what happened to Myrtle's coat...went out to feed them, and she is sans mantle...and I can't find it!

Oh no! Myrtle may be the Joseph of the chicken world. Her sisters were jealous. Myrtle and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom