What Else Are You Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bah Humbug, have a friend who knows I paint on t's and aprons and bags,hats so she ordered a hat, jacket, 2 t'shirts for her grand daughter and some overalls for new grand son as well as several onezes awk anyone got a place I can hide?:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

Repeat after me..."No!" You can do it..."No!":rolleyes:

sounds cute. did you knit or crochet or ? your cozy.

Crochet. It took about an hour, then while I was trying out the fit of the leaf garland (trying out a complicated stitch) which just happened to fit the top exactly, things turned clumsy the way things do sometimes, and managed to drop the pieces right into my oyster stew!

I had to wash the pieces and get them dry before I could get around to sewing the pieces together (yesterday).

It is adorably cute, almost too much, especially as I have it sitting on one of the sunflower coasters I made last year. It too, has one of the ladybug buttons attached.

Like I said almost sickeningly cute, but it does make me smile because it's silly.:LOL:

NO, No, NO:LOL: Now can you teach my DH to not help me with answers?
kades

Oh this one is my favorite...next time he is in answering mode and he starts to answer, jump up and down, giggle and clap your hands, shouting, "I know this one, I know this one!!" :clap: :w00t2:

I'm mean, aren't I?:LOL:

Oh this one is my favorite...next time he is in answering mode and he starts to answer, jump up and down, giggle and clap your hands, shouting, "I know this one, I know this one!!" :clap: :w00t2:

I love it.

That's right up there with:

"You're just like your mother!" said during a fight.

"Thank you."

Nope, you just made me laugh which right now is a treasure. Sending a big hug.
kades

I'm finishing the sleeves on a Channel-style sweater I started last week. With any luck, I'll have it done by the weekend. It's lookin' good and if it continues to stay as cool as it has, I won't have to wait until next fall to wear it.:ermm:

Last edited:
I'm finishing the sleeves on a Channel-style sweater I started last week. With any luck, I'll have it done by the weekend. It's lookin' good and if it continutes to stay as cool as it has, I won't have to wait until next fall to wear it.:ermm:

Wow, that's pretty fast. You must have lots of experience.

Wow, that's pretty fast. You must have lots of experience.

Yes, I guess you could say I have lots of experience. I've been knitting since I was 8-years-old, which is over 50 years.

I have also developed some efficient ways of doing things. Such as knitting BOTH the front and back at the same time on my needles, using two skeins of yarn. I do the same thing with the sleeves. This allows me to make sure my tension and gauge are the same and makes it easier for me to pay attention to the directions ONCE. I have learned how to to increase/decrease at the end of a row in a manner that is very smooth and, nearly, invisible. This is especially important when making garments.

I am also a very quick knitter. When I was in high school, I made sweaters for extra money. It wasn't unusual for me to make a sweater per week in my spare time. Guess I'm slowing down.:ohmy: I'm only knitting a sweater every two weeks.

Yes, I guess you could say I have lots of experience. I've been knitting since I was 8-years-old, which is over 50 years.

I have also developed some efficient ways of doing things. Such as knitting BOTH the front and back at the same time on my needles, using two skeins of yarn. I do the same thing with the sleeves. This allows me to make sure my tension and gauge are the same and makes it easier for me to pay attention to the directions ONCE. I have learned how to to increase/decrease at the end of a row in a manner that is very smooth and, nearly, invisible. This is especially important when making garments.

I am also a very quick knitter. When I was in high school, I made sweaters for extra money. It wasn't unusual for me to make a sweater per week in my spare time. Guess I'm slowing down.:ohmy: I'm only knitting a sweater every two weeks.

I like your idea of knitting front and back at the same time. Even with a good tension habit, there are minor differences between days and even times you work on your project. Minor differences can add up making fitting less than perfect. Thanks for the tip.

How the heck do you knit the front and back at the same time?

How the heck do you knit the front and back at the same time?

I use flexible needles and cast everything on using separate skeins of yarn. Then, I use a magnetic holder for my instructions and a line guide to follow them as I go.

Yes, Zhizara, there are differences in our tension on different days or at times when we haven't worked on a project for a long while.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but my projects seem to move on much more quickly when I work on most of the components at the same time. Could only be my imagination, too.

Doesn't matter. I still have a ball.

I use flexible needles and cast everything on using separate skeins of yarn. Then, I use a magnetic holder for my instructions and a line guide to follow them as I go.

Are you using two pairs of knitting needles? Are you making two pieces that get sewn together later? I just can't visualize this.

And just curious, since you are a fast knitter, do you use the English or the Danish (European?) style of knitting? English: insert needle through loop; wrap yarn around needle; pull yarn through loop. Danish (European?): insert needle through loop; pick up yarn with tip of needle; pull yarn through loop.

Are you using two pairs of knitting needles? Are you making two pieces that get sewn together later? I just can't visualize this.

And just curious, since you are a fast knitter, do you use the English or the Danish (European?) style of knitting? English: insert needle through loop; wrap yarn around needle; pull yarn through loop. Danish (European?): insert needle through loop; pick up yarn with tip of needle; pull yarn through loop.

When I'm knitting a garment that has to be sewn together when finished, that's when I knit all the pieces at once, using only two needles.

As for my technique, I knit European-style, which I learned from my Austro-Croation grandmother. She taught me using pick up sticks and string because we didn't have any extra needles and I wanted to learn how to knit NOW. I was only 8-years-old and very insistent.

When I knit, my hands move like shuttles. Back and forth, back and forth, with the yarn flying.

When I'm knitting a garment that has to be sewn together when finished, that's when I knit all the pieces at once, using only two needles.

As for my technique, I knit European-style, which I learned from my Austro-Croation grandmother. She taught me using pick up sticks and string because we didn't have any extra needles and I wanted to learn how to knit NOW. I was only 8-years-old and very insistent.

When I knit, my hands move like shuttles. Back and forth, back and forth, with the yarn flying.

I'm still trying to understand knitting two pieces at once. Do you alternate stitches? Do you have one piece on the needle and the other piece next to it?

I use the Danish/European style. I think it's quicker. But, it takes more effort/skill to keep the tension even. I like using circular needles.

got the material for easter dresses for my great granddaughters. not what i would have chosen but what their mom wanted. looks much easier and quick that the ones i picked out. i am tired from cleaning cupboards and packing up stuff for vets. and finally cleaned the sun room. sooooooooo a day off tomorrow, then will start. then it will be sew, sew, sew. fun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom