What Else Are You Making?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, now I understand. Doesn't the yarn get tangled?

No, I never really have a problem with the yarn getting tangled. I use the skeins that pull from the center or wind my own that way, so the skeins are pretty manageable. Every once in a great while I might have to shift one, but I seem to get along okay most of the time.

I can't wait to wear the Channel sweater. It's a yummy mild persimmon color. Almost good enough to eat.:rolleyes:

Do-Over

The new cupholder I made is a little too loose for the cup, but the idea was really cute, so today I'll redo it.

It only took about an hour and I have plenty of yarn.

Now all I have to do is find something worth watching on TV. :LOL:

katie, wasn't taught that. i taught myself to sew about 25 years ago. it just seemed the right thing to do. especially with all the multi sizes on patterns these days. briefly in a class at school i was taught talior tacks. never ever use them nor do i baste except with pins. these are simple patterns so am sure i have plenty of time to finsh them.

babetoo said:
i'm cutting out the pattern pieces for the easter dresses. i know, i know, but that is how i like to work. a bit anal but works for me. lol

Babe, not sure why you are chastising yourself? Is it because you are cutting out the pattern pieces? Why wouldn't you?

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

Okay, when we started this thread I was crocheting two baby afghans at once because there were two babies being born close together and because I get bored doing the same thing all the time. Also, one was squares and the other one piece so it depended on where I was crocheting which project worked better.

Then I think I shared I started a third one because I decided I liked the wool on the one piece for myself and got a different wool for that one. Well, a new baby is just around the corner, so, you guessed it. As I am almost ready to put together my squares afghan, I am starting number 4 so it will be done BEFORE the baby is born for a change!

I still promise to have pictures as each one is done. I have each in a separate eco bag from the grocery store so I can keep them straight! There is a 5th baby but DH has told me I can't buy the wool for that one until I have at least two done!

I have a pattern for a beautiful baby afghan, it's star shaped and shades from white to yellow to peach to pink to violet to blue to green (I think that's the progression, been a while since I've done one). You start out with white in the center with 2 strands, then 1 strand of yellow/1 of white, then 2 strands yellow, then 1 strand yellow/1 strand peach, 2 strands peach, etc progressing thru the different colors. I'll send the pattern if anybody wants it. Goes pretty fast too.

Karen

I have a pattern for a beautiful baby afghan, it's star shaped and shades from white to yellow to peach to pink to violet to blue to green (I think that's the progression, been a while since I've done one). You start out with white in the center with 2 strands, then 1 strand of yellow/1 of white, then 2 strands yellow, then 1 strand yellow/1 strand peach, 2 strands peach, etc progressing thru the different colors. I'll send the pattern if anybody wants it. Goes pretty fast too.

Karen

Karen, that sounds beautiful. Please do send me the pattern. There are some babies on the way in our family and I need to make something so I'll be ready when they arrive.

Karen,
I made that pattern years ago - I think I made about 3 of them and now that I am back crocheting (since they have new cushion handle hooks that work well with my arthritis) I wanted to do it and could not find the pattern.

If you could PM me about it I would appreciate it!

That will be number 5.....once I finish 1 and 2 of course. :rolleyes:

Karen, that sounds beautiful. Please do send me the pattern. There are some babies on the way in our family and I need to make something so I'll be ready when they arrive.

Katie, if it is the same one I did and I am pretty sure it is, it looks like a rainbow and the "star" shape is really beautiful!

It's Mary Maxim's Peaceful Pastels. In case either of you want to buy the kit, they do still have it on their web site even though it's been years and years since I first made it. There's a pic of it too but didn't know if I can post pics from somewhere even with credit given so didn't.

Just to let you know, I had to order the peach yarn on-line when I used the pattern to make others. None of my local stores carried it and I live in a big metropolitan area, although not a "crafty" one.

The last one I made, I was working on it at our booth in a trade show and kept getting compliments from the ladies about it. One of the guys we know though kept making fun of the "little old lady" stuff I was doing. One lady fell in love with it and asked if I could send her the pattern if she gave me her addy. It is so easy to do after you've done a few rows that I just handed her my instructions.

ETA: I e-mailed a PDF to both of you. Let me know if you don't get it.

Karen

Last edited:
Yep, I got it. I love it. I can't wait to start, but I have to get the yarn first. Can't do that until next week. Boo, hiss! That's okay. I'm almost done with my Channel sweater. Just have to make the pockets and sew it together.

Babe, not sure why you are chastising yourself? Is it because you are cutting out the pattern pieces? Why wouldn't you?

Sent from my iPhone using Cooking

i guess because a lot of people that know me and especially my family, think i am to detail oriented. i have a habit, i should kick, of apologizing :LOL: for that. i am the kind of a person that if i can't do the very best job i can, then i don't want to do it at all. lol

Karen, I want to thank you for sending it so quickly; however, I have to ask if you could send it to me again. I am on two computers right now and it accidentally got deleted on one, and for some reason it didn't download to the other one. I will be more careful this time! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom