"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #51
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I adore lobster. it really makes me smile a big smile.
You all can have my share. I am so sick of eating lobster. I grew up as a child eating them all through WWII in place of meat. And right now there is a glut of them on the market and very cheap. My daughter has been getting her fill. Even she is getting tired of them.

I am also tired of having to work for my meal with lobsters. I don't even bother to get the meat from the small feather legs or the body. Too much work. When I do eat them I just rip off the claws and tail. Then I use a heavy hammer and scissors.

BTW, did you know there are left and right hand lobsters? Also on the old wooden lobster traps, there is a parlor and a kitchen. Once it is in the kitchen it can't escape. The rotting bait is placed in the kitchen. Lobsters also grow a new claw if they lose one in a fight with another lobster.

My husband used to bring home several lobsters when he came in from fishing. They were considered trash catch. They couldn't put them in the hold with the fish, they would have eaten them. So they keep them separate and divide some of them to the crew to take home and the rest they sell for what they call shack money to be divided among the crew. I finally had to tell him to stop bringing them home.

Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:21 PM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Have a wonderful weekend,
Ciao, Margi.
That really does look amazing Margi

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote