What food do you eat everyday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mariam3

Assistant Cook
Mine is RICE. A day never goes by that I do not chew on some hot steamy rice.

What is yours?

There is nothing that I eat every day. I vary my carbs, protiens, fruit, and veges. Don't even have butter/marg every day and I vary between the two anyway. Cheese and eggs are the closest I come but even then I skip days.

But I have milk and soda water (different drinks) every day.

And I do have spates of having the same things regularly for a period of time and then I won't look at them again for ages.

My daily lunch is a version of an oriental noodle bowl.
Generally includes napa cabbage, sweet yellow peppers, 5 fresh hot peppers,
hot house cucumber, leek, thin oriental wheat noodles and my version of
Vietnamese nuoc mam sauce.
Roasted chicken, canned mackerels, leftover fish or something similar is usually
the "protein".

The veggies get varied.. sometimes I add bean sprouts, sometimes use baby
bok choy, squash, carrots, etc.

YUM.

Not exactly a "food", but the only thing that I enjoy pretty much every day is wine with dinner. It makes even the most simple meal "special".

I have OJ every morning, diet pop of some sort every lunch, milk every supper and a club soda every night with an evening snack, almost always a granola bar. Never realized I was such a creature of habit!

Orzo is not rice, it is a rice-shaped pasta. It can be found in any grocery store, usually, in the pasta area.

Wyogal is correct - Orzo is rice-shaped pasta. If any of your local supermarkets carry it, it will be in the pasta section. Most of the markets around here carry it, but some do so sporadically since it's apparently not a shape that's in high demand around here, so you may have to check around.

Coffee, definitely. Usually blueberries. I don't even want to guess how many pounds I've put up in the freezer this year since blueberry season started. ;)

In fall and winter, I usually have an apple each day, or at least split one with my husband. I've been known to hoard honeycrisps.
apple.gif

Back
Top Bottom