What food gives you heartburn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to have an iron stomach, but now anything processed gives me horrible heartburn. Also, tea gives me heartburn. And this is despite being on a prescription heartburn med.
Having to avoid processed items is no biggie, but I just gotta have me tea!!!!

I used to get it late in pregnancy but now I only get it if I eat too much too close to bedtime. It doesn't happen very often but it seems that tomato-based foods are the usual culprits.

I'm somewhat embarrased to say I don't know what heartburn is...so I guess nothing bothers me...what does it feel like?

I'm sorry folks suffer from heartburn. It's quite uncomfortable as I understand and limits foods that can be enjoyed. Again, I feel blessed that I don't suffer from it. And, as Maverick says, I've heard it's like fire in your throat...and stomach.

Hopefully medical technology will assist those afflicted with heartburn to be able to enjoy their favorite foods.

believe me or not no food give me heartburn yet. I have got excellent digestive ability (I am of course overweight)

Most fast food gives me heart burn. Sometimes red meat cooked with wine does so as well.

Alix, that is pretty funny. My wife had the same problem when she was pregnant. Grits also gave her heartburn then. There is really nothing I can put my finger on and say, that it happens everytime I eat a certain thing. Fortunately, it does not happen that often for me at all.

Nice to know I'm not alone on that one! Funny you mentioned grits, I was just saying I've never tasted them. Since I didn't have them when I was pregnant I might be Ok with them now. I think I'm going to try them soon.

Back
Top Bottom