What food gives you heartburn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
poorly fried foods, especially chicken. i can't eat kfc; rips up my gut. oddly, popeye's is ok.

also, leftover extra cheese pizza, topped with raw onions and lots of sriracha. but i still eat it as often as i find old pizza... :pig:

Too many to mention--I have food allergies but I absolutely cannot eat any fastfood whatsoever. That is instant sick for me.

Hot dogs. I love them with mustard, ketchup, and onions, maybe chile. I eat them, then hate myself for a couple of days.

Nothing gives me heartburn anymore because I take Nexium...magical stuff!
Before, greasy foods, Mexican food, fruit, Cokes and sometimes tea did it.

Sour Apple apple pie.

I made a pie out of Granny Smiths, which aren't that tart, and I couldn't sleep that night. Wound up throwing it out.

Other apples didn't cause problems.

My doctor put me on Protonix a couple years ago and that solved the problem. I took one every morning and NEVER got heartburn again. I like spicy foods and I could actually eat a jar of hot peppers and not get heartburn.

Then I told the doc that Protonix was so expensive, in spite of having insurance coverage. He switched me over to over the counter Prilosec and I've been on that now for a year and a half. Same thing...one per morning.

Same results...NO HEARTBURN (YAY!!!)

I'm LMAO. Bananas for me too. Ever since I was pregnant with my first. Ugh. Can only eat them if they are baked in something.

And KFC too for me BT. Although I think that might be because we only have it about once every 2 years when I get a craving and then I overeat. Bleah. All in all, probably a good cycle. Too much KFC is BAD for ya!

Cinnamon, cloves, ginger, allspice, and nutmeg. They all give me heartburn and of course I love love love them!

Certain baking powders like Clabbergirl. I had to switch to Rumford.

Ranchero sauce is a big one, tomato soup and most things that are tomato based. Really sucks too because I love pasta and pasta sauce!

Back
Top Bottom