What happened with the traveling apron?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PieSusan

Washing Up
I still consider myself a newbie around here and I was intrigued by your traveling apron. I found some old pictures but could someone please share the story with me?:chef:
Thanks, Pie Susan

Yikes, I am so sorry GB to bring up a sore subject. I had no idea. Suffice it to say, something similar happened on my old board. The foodie quilters decided to make a panel each and one woman was suppose to sew the quilt together. The quilt was to be auctioned off--lots of us sent $10 per ticket (I bought more than one) to try to win the quilt because the money was suppose to go to a dying young woman with small children and a husband. She was on a list for a heart transplant and the funds were to help offset the cost of the very expensive surgery. In the end, the person who was suppose to sew the squares together, kept the quilt and never gave the funds to the charity to assist this woman pay for her heart transplant. Things ended the same way as here. The man who "won" the quilt was a police officer and still nothing came of it. The dying woman never got our funds for her surgery. I have no idea whether she survived or not and we never heard from the woman who stole everything again. It is a sad, pitiful story and we all felt bad for being taken.

Please forgive me if I picked a scab off an old wound. My curiousity does get the better of me sometimes.
Pie Susan

Back
Top Bottom