What happens to the babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

silentmeow

Senior Cook
This is a rather strange question but I'm asking it anyway. My stepson just lost one of his twin babies. They were born prematurely, 1 pound 5 ounces. The little girl is still fighting and so far winning the battle. He was two days old and just not developed enough to survive. I've always had it in my mind that when people die and go to heaven they are taken back to their happiest and healthiest times in life. What happens to the babies? Do they continue to grow or stay babies? Like the rest of the world I've had my share of loss but never a baby. Any thoughts or opinons would be appreciated, I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around this.

We all have our own beliefs. I like to think that they meet up with their mothers, or other mothers who died in childbirth (a very common cause of death once-upon-a-time) and rest in their arms, happily gurggling and nursing for all eternity. I believe that heaven is what you want it to be. In the case of babies, all they want is to be held, loved and nurtured.

There are many different religions out there. Personally I believe that when we pass we are greated by all our loved ones on the other side (Heaven). I believe that the 3 babies I lost are being lovingly cared for by my loved ones on the other side.
I'm so sorry for your step-son and family :( ....I will send prayers up.

Claire said:
We all have our own beliefs. I like to think that they meet up with their mothers, or other mothers who died in childbirth (a very common cause of death once-upon-a-time) and rest in their arms, happily gurggling and nursing for all eternity. I believe that heaven is what you want it to be. In the case of babies, all they want is to be held, loved and nurtured.

Claire, thant you for sharing your beliefs, that's what I need right now. I'm sure now that he is being held and loved. I just never thought about babies in heaven. Never had one until now. I like the thought of him being held, loved and nurtured. Thank you so much fo replying as it was really a question with no answer. This is where faith steps in. Suzanne

I am sorry for you/and yours, loss.

I feel that no matter what, we will all be in good hands when we make that journey. Regardless of age.

TATTRAT said:
I am sorry for you/and yours, loss.

I feel that no matter what, we will all be in good hands when we make that journey. Regardless of age.
Well said, TATTRAT.

SizzlininIN said:
There are many different religions out there. Personally I believe that when we pass we are greated by all our loved ones on the other side (Heaven). I believe that the 3 babies I lost are being lovingly cared for by my loved ones on the other side.
I'm so sorry for your step-son and family :( ....I will send prayers up.

Thank you for your prayers. I'm sorry that you lost three babies. I cannot even imagine what that was like. You are a very strong person. I'm sorry if I brought up unpleasant memories but your reply has helped me. I kinda think my Mom and Dad are trying desperately to pry Zack out of his arms. My Mom was a strong one and I'm not sure if she would even trust God with a baby! Thank you for your prayers. Son, wife and 1 year old are headed home tonight. Daughter in law was finally released. Little Avery the other twin, still remains but she seems to be a fighter. She grows stronger every day. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your reply. Suzanne

So sorry for your loss as a grandparent, and your step son as a parent, thats very difficult. I couldnt have worded it better than what TATTRAT mentioned. Your step son is very blessed to have one healthy baby, as are you!

I thank each and every one of you for your beliefs, prayers and thoughts. You have helped me in so many ways. I hope I didn't bring back bad memories for anyone, that was not my intention. I can see Zack, all 1 pound of him cradled in God's hand, safe, and pain free. I am very grateful and humbled with your responses. Suzanne

Silentmeow I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Sizzlin, I can't imagine your pain, either. How hard this must be and must have been for you both. I know these babies are in a good place, it is us that are sad, but I think we are sad for ourselves and I think that is okay. May faith and understanding help strengthen you at this time of sorrow.

Thanks for your concern.............my losses were many years ago and I found peace with each.....you didn't bring up any bad memories as I've said I'd already found peace. I realized there was a reason God chose to take them back with him. I include them in my prayers every night. I hope too that one day your stepson and his wife and all of you can find peace with your loss. Kisses and prayers going up for lil Zack! Stay Strong.

Back
Top Bottom