What happens/ What do you do when you go for shopping at a suppermarket?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What happens/what do you do when you go for shopping at a supermarket?

• meticulously write down every single item you intend to purchase

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • write down the few things that you absolutely must not forget

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • List? how silly..I just need a few things...(then)Oh no, I bought everything BUT those few things...

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • You get distracted as you arrive, & your purchase ends up totally different from the list.

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • you bring your ipac, consult with the personal inventory record in your database.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • you bring a telephone, and consult on location with your family memeber on what you guys need.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • you are a walking computer. you have got everything down perfectly in your memory.

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

urmaniac13

Executive Chef
My natural inclination is option 3...
Then sometimes I try to wise up, and end up with 4
Nevertheless... I aspire to become 7 someday...

whoa, it was already on the forum actually? I was having to revise it as I made each options too long... soz guys!!

Well when I used to do my bi-weekly shopping I was very good about having my list and coupons in hand. Now that we live in an apartment.....the fridge came with it and its smaller.....I tend to just shop daily for our main meal. With this I find that I tend to buy other things that I didn't have any intention of buying. So it'll be nice to get back to the regular shopping............except for my meats, veggies and fruit. The store is only 2 minutes away and the fresher the better.

Wow as I read that list after each item I said "Yep I do that". I do every single one of those things :LOL:

If I had to pick just one tough it would be that I write everything down on a list. If it is just two or three things then I rely on my memory, but for a bunch of things I will write then down.

I tend to be # 4. But my fiance has a tendancy to be #1. We always go together and sometimes he says"can't buy it if it not on the list" Grrrrr. But what is funny is he makes the list and writes everything in singular. So this is what our list looks like when he writes it:
-orange
-apple
-yogurth
-egg
-grape
Next time I see the list I will see:
-1 slice of bread
-1 slice of ham
-1 fish stick
lol:ROFLMAO: :LOL:

and..

1 penne rigate
1 (morsel of) rice
1 potato chip....:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

but what would he do with flour and sugar??

I always make a list....but still I end up with more than I planned on buying.

When I go to the grocery store I take my list, do ever get everything on that list? NO!! Wanna know why? 1...kids cant sit still, 2 the dang carts at Super Store are stupid, 3, The ol' man is impatient, 4 I hate dealing with people over my shoulder and Im rushed!!!

And... I also found all those STRIDENT ON SALE SIGNS are very often the culprit for messing up our shopping lists and spending much more than we thought we would...

i go to the store with a somewhat distinct idea of what i want, and buy those items, but also just toss items into my shopping cart. if it looks like something i'd like, i might buy it. i haven't been shopping in awile.

I am a Stud..... ok ! NEXT QUESTION? :cool:
I am a STUD and a LEGEND in my on Mind, EVeryone Loves me, I'm OK, Your OK,:chef:

I Hope No One READS THE SMALL STUFF. :(

Hey I SEEN YOU READ IT BAD!:LOL:

i'm #2 and #3. i write everything down then we buy things that weren't on the list and usually end up forgetting one or three things

I'm #1. I check grocerygame's site, check off what I need, print it out on the computer, add my needs for the next 4-5 days' dinners, clip the appropriate coupons and buy what's on my list. If I ever get anything besides that, it's fresh produce (which doesn't have coupons anyway) that looks really pretty.

I have to say it's a blend between 1 and 2. I usually carry my recipes to do my grocery shopping then add stuff that I know I need and still get stuff not on the list. But a blend of 1 and 2 is closest.

I don't do the grocery shopping.
I make a list of what we will be having for dinner for the week.
I make a list of what we will need to make the dinners, plus other odds and ends that is needed. ( I have cereal every morning and a sammy or left overs for lunch). We usually eat out on the weekends.
Then........Hubby does the shopping. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom