"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-19-2005, 02:28 AM   #21
Executive Chef

Mahalo for the link, Mish. I will be entering to win a seat on the red carpet bleachers tomorrow. Cross you fingers for me........wasabi

Old 09-19-2005, 02:32 AM   #22
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi
I really want to attend the Academy Awards. I want to see how the "A" list looks like up front and personal.
I don't know if he still does it, but my cousin Dan used to be a "filler" at various awards shows, including the Academy Awards and Emmys. He didn't get paid, but he got to meet a lot of stars. For those who don't know (I didn't until he started doing it) fillers sit in the celebrities seats when they leave their seats for a restroom or cigarette break (empty seats look bad on camera). They are not allowed to speak to the celebrities unless they are spoken to first. Many of them do talk to the fillers, and Dan has met a lot of them. I can't remember who right now!

Barbara

Old 09-19-2005, 02:33 AM   #23
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
I've always wanted to see the ocean.

I would love to see for myself if you really can "Smell" the ocean, and dream of someday just sitting on the beach and watching the sun go down.

I've never had the chance to go and now my health won't allow me to travel that far anymore.

~ Raven ~
Oh Raven, I wish, I wish I could send you the beach in a bottle. Yes you can smell the ocean and sitting on the sand watching the sun go down is a beautiful sight. The next time I go to the beach, I will think of you......wasabi
Old 09-19-2005, 09:38 AM   #24
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
I've always wanted to see the ocean.

I would love to see for myself if you really can "Smell" the ocean, and dream of someday just sitting on the beach and watching the sun go down.

I've never had the chance to go and now my health won't allow me to travel that far anymore.

~ Raven ~
Hi Raven, I would like to share a little bit of a beautiful ocean with you... I am sorry I can't send you the smell and the sound of the waves as well... But look at the pics and then close your eyes and let your imagination fly... then you can be anywhere you wish to be!!

http://community.webshots.com/album/455347567lsmSvd/0

(the children in these pics are Guido and Lucilla, the kids of my sweetheart Cristiano!)
Old 09-21-2005, 12:43 AM   #25
DC Grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN
Things I really want to do and will..........

-See the Ocean and walk on the beach
-Take a train ride through some beautiful countryside in the fall
North Carolina is very beautiful in the fall..and the Ocean is breathtaking on either Coast.
Growing up in San Diego Ca. I guess I took the Ocean for granted..now that I am inland I really miss it.
Marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 04:41 AM   #26
Master Chef

I'm so sad, but then happy, that a couple of you said see the ocean, walk on the beach. Sad, because you've not done it. Happy, because it's a fairly easily realized dream. I'm fortunate to have seen both oceans from both sides (and in one case, the middle). But large though our country is, it is only a 2-3 day drive away. If you believe it will happen, and want it, this one can be done.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:43 AM   #27
Master Chef

Be an actor? Don't you have a local theater group? Hey, everyone has to start somewhere!
Old 09-23-2005, 04:47 AM   #28
Master Chef

mudbug: Love your answers! I, too, dream of the Orient Express. I have a couple of friends who have taken the train ride that comes out of Williams, AZ and goes into the Grand Canyon. If you like wine, there's the Napa Wine Train, which I can vouch for when it comes to beauty, elegance, and great wine and food.

I WILL take that balloon ride ... mine is a tourist town that has balloon rides regularly. Just haven't gotten quite the nerve up to do it yet. I hate being suspended, and fear heights. Still want to do it.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:58 AM   #29
Executive Chef

There is only one thing on my list that I really want. I would like to go to Vancouver, B. C. during it's most beautiful season. I've wanted to do this for years and had talked to some of my friends who went after I had talked to them about it. I've been to Europe, spent a good bit of time at the beach, rode trains from one country to another, rode the ferry from Calais, France to Dover, England, been quite a few places on planes, trains, cars. It has never been convenient to go to BC. I suppose I will have to make a special effort to accomplish that.Hope I can before I get too old. I'm too scared to go up in a balloon, but have been to pretty high mountains and the Eiffel Tower. I've been blessed to be able to do many of the things I wanted and perhaps my one wish can be realized in the future.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:17 AM   #30
Chief Eating Officer

I guess mine would be to travel. I want to go to as many places as I can both exotic and not. I want to see every state in the USA. I want to go to every continent. I want to see as many places as I possibly can.

I would also like to take a long trip on a sailboat. Maybe 6 months to a year.