What have you appreciated today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Going to the nursery and picking up my plants for the front porch at last, and as I was driving by our pasture seeing that my son had added about 15 steers to the 6 brahmas out there...Now the pasture will be mowed and I can enjoy those big grey humps again.:LOL:

kadesma:)

The stupid ham has died. HH ground the rest of it up for ham salad (one of his peculiar faves). Bone dispatched to the freezer for red beans and rice later.

I am so happy.

I appreciate that I get to stay at home most of the time... thus I can invest more time on my kitchen adventure than most people. My days go so quickly and I never seem to have enough time to do all that I want/intend to do every day... and I don't have to work away from home, or work full time regularly, nor have any children to look after. I really admire people who manage all this and still enjoy their life, and just wonder how they do it...

mudbug said:
The stupid ham has died. HH ground the rest of it up for ham salad (one of his peculiar faves). Bone dispatched to the freezer for red beans and rice later.

I am so happy.

May it rest in pieces.
img_262314_0_6018b8e190cb9495aaa8b05d020164c0.gif

LOL, many teeny tiny pieces, seester wasabi. Remind me of this when Christmas rolls around and I start thinking about buying another one.

i'm thankful for those laughs that discusscookers give me.

Last edited:
I appreciated and treasured, watching my little Jesse swinging under the big hard maple right outside my kitchen window, with Chloe dog hanging close by.
That swing was the last thing my dad made for me, 14 years ago. He died soon after that. So many children and adults have sat in that swing. I'm sure he's seen every one of them.
Now the swing is old, and it needs to be repaired or replaced. I have warned Jesse not to swing too high in it, but the nature of the swing seems to encourage contemplation and relaxation. Most people just sit there and "rock".
If anyone should fall, they'd have a soft cushion of soil and bark mulch under them.

Sometime I seem to get so overwhelmed with what is going on in the world that I forget to really appreciate the good things in my life. My family is wonderful, I have good friends, a paid-for home, good health for the most part and able to handle what isn't great. A couple of friends and I have what could almost be considered a ministry, taking tea parties to elderly or depressed people, or just those who can't get out and about. Also the people I exercise with daily seem to really care about me and I do them and above all this to know God truly cares about our every day life. I have a bumper sticker-like poster that I need to keep where I can see it often. It says "If God can handle eternity, I can surely handle today". I know we don't all have the same blessings, but we can all find good things in our lives that should take precedence over whatever isn't so good. Thanks for reminding me.

i can't take you people & your great humor!:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
ham resting in pieces!:LOL:
awwww, so many grins i get from posts.
i read that one & burst into hysterics.
if i didn't have discusscookers to laugh with, i'd cry.

I appreciate my job and my family....especially my 10 week old niece with Down Syndrome...she has opened my eyes like you wouldn't believe..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom