"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-29-2008, 11:18 AM   #11
Senior Cook

What I've noticed..... a sinking feeling in the pit of my belly when I think about our economy, our dependence on oil, our dwindling natural resources, a sadness when I think what our children will inherit, and my lack of faith in the folks who "run" this country.... sorry - no comments on traffic being lighter or prettier skies - don't mean to ruin your Sunday with my angst - maybe I should go back to bed and pull covers over head??? (I would be cheerier if I weren't in between jobs...)

Old 06-29-2008, 12:10 PM   #12
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew View Post
... Now I see none at all I know the airlines have cut back and I think this is why I have not seen them.....
Gee, I wish. WE have plains flying right over our house. I wish there was less of them.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #13
Master Chef

I notice more people walking. Also notice more people riding bikes and scooters..... I do notice a few less SUVs on the road... it's kinda nice!
Old 06-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pot clanger View Post
What I've noticed..... a sinking feeling in the pit of my belly when I think about our economy, our dependence on oil, our dwindling natural resources, a sadness when I think what our children will inherit, and my lack of faith in the folks who "run" this country.... sorry - no comments on traffic being lighter or prettier skies - don't mean to ruin your Sunday with my angst - maybe I should go back to bed and pull covers over head??? (I would be cheerier if I weren't in between jobs...)
I feel the same pc... it is what the world has become and it was all done without out much fore thought of the consequences. Now we all pay the price in one form or another. Cheer up girl-friend!!! There is always HOPE!