"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
View Poll Results: What Hostess Item Will You Miss Most
Twinkies 2 11.76%
Ding Dongs 3 17.65%
Ho Hos 1 5.88%
Snowballs 3 17.65%
Fruit Pies 3 17.65%
Other 6 35.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #21
Master Chef

Ring-Dings .......... Wonder Bread, the first sliced bread in America............

I agree that some mega-conglomerate will snatch up the brand names, but the product will probably never be the same.
DID YOU KNOW.......... Snapple owns, among other things, Dr. Pepper and Real Lemon.......
And remember how great Mrs. Paul's Products were until they sold out to Campell Foods in 1982, and when Pinnacle Foods aquired the Brand name, the product became......well, Cardboard!

Old 11-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #22
Executive Chef

4 Boxes of Twinkies with the super duper cheap buy it now price of 8 million bucks.

Help A Twinkie Promote U s Economic Growth | eBay

This seller is better with 10 boxes for a minimum bid of 1.5 million.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-Boxes-of-...item2577ce3fd7

Old 11-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Do any of you old timers remember the TV show in B&W called Red Ryder? Well they were sponsored by Table Talk pies. That brand was bought by Continental Bakery. Hostess folks.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #24
Master Chef

Yep ! Red Ryder and little Beaver................. Little beaver was a young Robert Blake...........
Old 11-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #25
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
With the news of Hostess and their woes it made me wonder what item or items you will miss most?
Actually I haven't had a hostess product in 30 years. But I'm afraid my niece will starve to death

With all those preservatives no wonder she looks so young:<)
Old 11-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #26
Executive Chef

I know I won't miss Twinkies, dry sponge cake filled with sugar and fat......never were appealing to me. I did enjoy the occasional snowball in my youth. I'm not sure why I liked them except that the cake was moister because it was covered in marshmallow. I really don't care much for marshmallow, but I LOVE coconut! I think it was the coconut ;-) yeah that must have been it; the coconut!
Old 11-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #27
Executive Chef

I hadn't had any of these goodies in a couple of years. Last night my Hubby brought a package of zingers home (three little zingers in a package) for he and I and our son. It sure was good. Too bad that they had to close down. Too bad there will probably be lots of businesses who will not be able to stay open. Papa Johns is catching slack for saying that they will need to increase prices and cut employees to part time. They have to do those things or they will also need to close down.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:36 PM   #28
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindercat View Post
No more raspberry Zingers?!!! I love those! I don't get them more than once or twice a year though. Maybe that's why they're calling it quits.
I was confused when I read this because I knew Zingers were a Dolley Madison product, so I looked it up. I had no idea that Hostess bought Dolley Madison out years ago!
Old 11-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #29
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper
I hadn't had any of these goodies in a couple of years. Last night my Hubby brought a package of zingers home (three little zingers in a package) for he and I and our son. It sure was good. Too bad that they had to close down. Too bad there will probably be lots of businesses who will not be able to stay open. Papa Johns is catching slack for saying that they will need to increase prices and cut employees to part time. They have to do those things or they will also need to close down.
Trust me papa john's is far from closing, they are making a lot of profit! The CEO is having no trouble maintaining his 40,000 sq ft. Mansion and 7 million dollar guest house!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #30
Master Chef

I won't miss any of their products at all, but all those people out of work sure will miss their paychecks because their labor dispute closed the doors. Very very sad.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote