What Hostess Item Will You Miss Most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Hostess Item Will You Miss Most

• Twinkies

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Ding Dongs

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Ho Hos

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Snowballs

• Fruit Pies

• Other

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Sad. :flowers:

Attachments

• Death of the Twinkie.jpg
    Death of the Twinkie.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 259
not missing hostess here--not any, not a bit. wouldn't even need all my fingers and toes to count the number of hostess cakes i've eaten in my life.
what remains a mystery to me is hostess's enormous popularity, and its longevity--why it has taken 80 years to shut it down....

paradoxically, saturday when i had to buy a replacement pc, the name i gave her was "twinkie"--go figure.... :) .

not missing hostess here--not any, not a bit. wouldn't even need all my fingers and toes to count the number of hostess cakes i've eaten in my life.
what remains a mystery to me is hostess's enormous popularity, and its longevity--why it has taken 80 years to shut it down....

paradoxically, saturday when i had to buy a replacement pc, the name i gave her was "twinkie"--go figure.... :) .

Well on this morning's news, a gentleman from Mexico is going to be buying the Twinkies brand. The sugar is cheaper in Mexico and cheaper to make. So Twinkie lovers, all is not lost. It didn't mention any of the other brand names Continental Baking Company owns. :angel:

Addie said:
Well on this morning's news, a gentleman from Mexico is going to be buying the Twinkies brand. The sugar is cheaper in Mexico and cheaper to make. So Twinkie lovers, all is not lost. It didn't mention any of the other brand names Continental Baking Company owns. :angel:

Could it be Bimbo? That's a funny brand name!

kleenex said:
That would be Grupo Bimbo..

I got a kick out of the name the first time we went to Mexico and saw it in the grocery store and on the sides of their delivery trucks! Still makes me laugh.

It would make sense if they bought up Twinkies, it's a big company.

Long live Twinkies? Hostess, union to mediate

Long live Twinkies? Hostess, union to mediate

They might be saved yet..

When I saw that I had to LOL at all the people who spent waaaaayyyyyy too much money scarfing up all the Hostess things they could find ... EBay has been insane ! Those people were paying hundreds for stuff. And those who spent all their money buying up Twinkies to sell them as if they were gold could just be a little out of luck !!

Wonder if the employees will go picket in Mexico.

When I saw that I had to LOL at all the people who spent waaaaayyyyyy too much money scarfing up all the Hostess things they could find ... EBay has been insane ! Those people were paying hundreds for stuff. And those who spent all their money buying up Twinkies to sell them as if they were gold could just be a little out of luck !!

you are hilarious, mrslmb! twinkie scalpers and hoarders, you are getting your just desserts, how sweet....

Haven't bought their products in years. If they do go under, it would be devil dogs & hostess cupcakes w/ the little white squiggles on top - for nostalgia's sake, since I ate them as a child. (Those little Drake's coffee cakes were good too.)

There's always Little Debbies :)

'twinkie twinkie little star......'

'how I wonder.....naw, '

You couldn't eat a twinkle. Twinkles? hmmm... think I'll write Bimbo.

Last edited:
Not something I'll be trying ... but it may interest some of you mourning the loss of the Twinkie:

DIY-Twinkie.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom