What Hostess Item Will You Miss Most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Hostess Item Will You Miss Most

• Twinkies

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Ding Dongs

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Ho Hos

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Snowballs

• Fruit Pies

• Other

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
With the news of Hostess and their woes it made me wonder what item or items you will miss most?

Last edited:
The only Hostess product I ever buy is their Ho-Ho's... about once a year I get a box. It reminds me of elemetary school lunches and my Bonanza lunchbox... so it's hard to say if they will truly be missed or not ;)

Get them while you can on Ebay.... The price is higher, BUTT you can still enjoy them one last time.

We have an outlet store in Malden, a couple of towns over. My girlfriend made a run on the place. She wants to save the wrappers for prosperity.

I only buy the occasional loaf of bread. But only because they make a really small loaf. right now I have some slices drying in the oven by the light of the oven. Should I save them? I really need them for the holiday stuffing. :angel:

I haven't had one in awhile, but for me it is the cupcakes. I also love snoballs, Suzie-Q's, Twinkies, pretty much everything. :LOL: But the cupcakes are my favorites.

I haven't had one in awhile, but for me it is the cupcakes. I also love snoballs, Suzie-Q's, Twinkies, pretty much everything. :LOL: But the cupcakes are my favorites.

The yellow cupcakes with their orange/yellow frosting always called to me. But I always passed them up. Way too much sugar for me. :angel:

The Hostess company has 30 brands that are going under posters. A whole lot of empty shelf space coming.

No more raspberry Zingers?!!! I love those! I don't get them more than once or twice a year though. Maybe that's why they're calling it quits.

I may have to hunt down a package of snowballs!

I'm sure iconic brands like "Twinkie" and "Wonder Bread" will get snatched up by other companies, but who knows if they will be the same recipes. Other things like the pies, raspberry zingers, and snowballs, could become extinct.

I remember always wanting the hostess snowballs when I'd see other kids eating them in the lunch room. My mom made all of the baked goods in our house, and things like snowballs weren't in the budget. To think, I had to endure a childhood of homemade sweets!:LOL:

I may have to hunt down a package of snowballs!

I'm sure iconic brands like "Twinkie" and "Wonder Bread" will get snatched up by other companies, but who knows if they will be the same recipes. Other things like the pies, raspberry zingers, and snowballs, could become extinct.

I remember always wanting the hostess snowballs when I'd see other kids eating them in the lunch room. My mom made all of the baked goods in our house, and things like snowballs weren't in the budget. To think, I had to endure a childhood of homemade sweets!:LOL:

And no one turned your mother in for child abuse? What heartless neighbors you had. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom