"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #91
Chef Extraordinaire

people that tell you they will do something, then don't. can think of five or six right off the bat. hummingbird feeder, didn't happen. we will pull the weeds, didn't happen. oh we can paint that for you, didn't happen. i'll pick up those trees, didn't happen.

now i just assume that these are empty words. sure is annoying though.

Old 06-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #92
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Blissful: Certainly not. It is very time consuming to send 9 pages of personal PM Thank You Notes. That is why I usually post a commune note.
Margi.
Margi--it would never occur to me that anyone would send 9 pages of personal PM's on a forum. I do, however, understand what you are saying. Sadly, thank you notes are not often done on the internet, or in the US. More power to you. Bliss

Old 06-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #93
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
people that tell you they will do something, then don't. can think of five or six right off the bat. hummingbird feeder, didn't happen. we will pull the weeds, didn't happen. oh we can paint that for you, didn't happen. i'll pick up those trees, didn't happen.

now i just assume that these are empty words. sure is annoying though.
I especially annoyed at people who volunteer without being asked and fail to follow through on their offer. Now someone whom I have asked and possibly "put on the spot", I am still annoyed but more forgiving.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #94
Executive Chef

Back Stabbers, Gossips, Deceivers & Donīt Thinkers

Buon Giorno,

Thanks once again for all the feedbacks.

I have learnt a long time ago, what is in my control, is what I can change, however, what is not, I have too many other activities keeping me busy.

Back stabbers = people who go behind oneīs back

Gossips = people who do not mind their own business

Deceivers = envious, faux, manipulators who look to sabotage others

Donīt Thinkers = people who do quintessentials without thinking of the results it may cause or if it harms others

Have a lovely Sunday,
Ciao, Margi.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #95
Master Chef

Right now it is my own body that has be frustrated. Ever since menopause (about 10 years ago; I'm 57), I occasionally have my sense of smell go off. Way off. Now I've heard of this with other women I know, but they lose it entirely. For me, most things I used to love just stink. It comes and goes, but when it's bad, very little tastes good, period. So between caring for parents stress and this aroma thing, I lost 30 lbs. Normally I'd say this is a good thing, ten more would be good. I'm quite tall and large-boned and muscular, so I think maybe two people have noticed. But I just can't trust weight loss. The last time this happened I bought some new clothes that went to Goodwill when my sense of scent came back. It's ridiculous.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #96
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Buon Giorno,

Back stabbers = people who go behind oneīs back

Gossips = people who do not mind their own business

Deceivers = envious, faux, manipulators who look to sabotage others

Donīt Thinkers = people who do quintessentials without thinking of the results it may cause or if it harms others

Have a lovely Sunday,
Ciao, Margi.
Living in this building has given me a new and deeper hatred of gossip. And not because it has been directed at or about me. Just that I have seen how vicious it can become. There is a clique that meets every morning in one of the apartments for coffee. I don't think they realize how their voices carry. They leave the door open and you can hear them way down the hall. There is one woman here who has had a some serious physical harm done to her from a relative. As a result, she is very careful who she answers her door to. According to this clique, she is now nothing better than a snob. "Who does she think she is? She acts better than any of us. She thinks she has money and tries to act it. She has nothing but trash for relatives." These are just a few of some of the remarks that have been heard. But if they see her in the laundry room or hallways, butter would melt in their mouths. Sometimes I will speak up when I hear a person starting to gossip. I had one woman tell me, "It isn't gossip if it is true." Gossip is gossip. When you are talking about a person and the subject matter does not concern you, then it is gossip. And it can be very hurtful and mean.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:54 AM   #97
Executive Chef

Addie, Buonasera,

Thank you for your feedback.

Indirect or direct Gossip is potentially dangerous ... and can land up hurting innocent peopleīs reputations and 99% of the time it is B.S. anyway ...

Another point, I am not a Click / Clique woman ... And thus, dislike Gangs, which is what a Click really is ...

Yes, you are right, as it can endanger or put someone innocent at great risk.

Thanks for your input,
Ciao, Margi.