What Is A Pain In The Derriere To U?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's hard to put his French accent into print, but I think it went something like, "Dose your dug baht?" And yes, the way he said "minkey." :LOL:
I always laughed at 'minkey' too.

Pain in the Derriere--emails that bait.

A 'friend' (whatever non-friend) that makes an incorrect (false) accusation--begging the response that would correct them, explain something that is none of their business, and defend myself. I just cut contact.

A weird relative that writes to give me an update (how kind) on how uncle whoever's surgery went, purposely forgetting to tell what kind of surgery it was or how they were sick in the first place--begging the question, what is wrong with uncle whoever, almost a demand for a phone call or response to the original weird relative to find out. My solution is to write to the normal relatives and send good wishes to uncle whoever. I don't really need to know that uncle whoever had a successful hysterectomy, I guess, ha ha.

Why can't people just be nice? Stray dogs and strangers are nicer.

I can't abide by the rules here--must capitalize words, use punctuation, never use acronyms, never say anything @ someone, spell perfectly, and use correct grammar. If I'm understood and I understand your post, I'm happy with that. This is just too much pressure!:LOL:

I won't start on the errors one makes when it comes to English. What does annoy me is the number of companies that have outsourced their customer service departments offshore. I have no patience trying to explain a problem to someone in another country and then having that person argue with me or get totally lost because I've gone "off script" and the person has been told that he/she cannot escalate the call. It also annoys me because there are so many people out of work in NA and those jobs could help our economies--not to mention provide tax dollars for infrastructure systems and get people off of assistance and back to work.

Spin doctors. Just the facts, please.

Tail-gaters. Please get off my back bumper.

Balky computers, mine foremost.

Aisle-hoggers at the grocery, just standing and talking.

TV commercials and political ads. I know, get a TIVO. I'm too cheap.

Cats that stand in the doorway and think while I hold the door open for them. In or Out, like the cartoon on the Today's Funny thread.

Cats that loved flavor X yesterday but won't touch it today.

Of course I still love the cats.

Right now the list tops with the fact that whenever technology gets "better", I'm left further and further behind. It makes me want to scream. Between being totally unable to download music on my new MP3 (does it qualify as new when I've had it for a month and it remains unused) to the fact that yesterday my entire email system crashed and when I managed to bring it back up, my address book was gone. Totally and completely gone.

Buon Giorno, To All the Contributors on this thread,

Thanks for all the thread feedback.

Kindest.
ciao,
Have a nice wkend,
Margi

So does this mean we have to stop whining? All our pains just stopped? I didn't see a vote. Is this the end of the thread?:ohmy:

Margi, one thing I learned many years ago is there is no point in discussing, much less arguing, with a closed mind. I have friends, acquaintances, and relatives who just think one way and that is it. This is (in USA terms) on both sides of the fence. I refuse to let them engage me in intellectual conversation, because I know they, well, don't use their intellect. They aren't really stupid, just somewhere along the line let their intellect be sidetracked with political or religious rhetoric without actually thinking a problem through.

A group of people who like to hang out in the parking lot of our Tim Horton's. They do not go in and buy anything, they take up valuable parking spots, they stand talking to the driver of the car parked beside you and don't move so you can get into your car or drive away, they park their vehicles over the lines so no one can park beside them and they try to stare you down if you dare look at them.

This isn't a single occurance. My friend and I meet there on a regular basis and this same group is always there. And the Staff/management don't seem to do anything about it. If it was my business, they wouldn't be parking if they weren't buying! :mad:

LP, when I lived in Tacoma, I had a girlfriend that had a old beat up car that sometimes would refuse to start. It was ashamed to be seen in public. There was a doughnut shop next to the supermarket. The coffee brigade parked there every day, participants changing throughout the day. She would pull up next to a shiny car and swing her door open as hard as she could. DING!! BANG!! "Oh did I do that? Sorry." After about a month of this, they got the message and started to park a few rows back. I thought for sure she was going to get punched a few times.

At that time insurance was not mandatory in Wash. State.

Blissful: Certainly not. It is very time consuming to send 9 pages of personal PM Thank You Notes. That is why I usually post a commune note.

Claire: I have learnt a long time ago, that I prefer dialogue verses monologue ... Thanks for your feedback and input.

Addies: As always your anecdotes are always enjoyable reads.

Ciao, Have a nice wkend.
Margi.

people that tell you they will do something, then don't. can think of five or six right off the bat. hummingbird feeder, didn't happen. we will pull the weeds, didn't happen. oh we can paint that for you, didn't happen. i'll pick up those trees, didn't happen.

now i just assume that these are empty words. sure is annoying though.

Blissful: Certainly not. It is very time consuming to send 9 pages of personal PM Thank You Notes. That is why I usually post a commune note.
Margi.

Margi--it would never occur to me that anyone would send 9 pages of personal PM's on a forum. I do, however, understand what you are saying. Sadly, thank you notes are not often done on the internet, or in the US. More power to you. Bliss

people that tell you they will do something, then don't. can think of five or six right off the bat. hummingbird feeder, didn't happen. we will pull the weeds, didn't happen. oh we can paint that for you, didn't happen. i'll pick up those trees, didn't happen.

now i just assume that these are empty words. sure is annoying though.

I especially annoyed at people who volunteer without being asked and fail to follow through on their offer. Now someone whom I have asked and possibly "put on the spot", I am still annoyed but more forgiving.

Back Stabbers, Gossips, Deceivers & Don´t Thinkers

Buon Giorno,

Thanks once again for all the feedbacks.

I have learnt a long time ago, what is in my control, is what I can change, however, what is not, I have too many other activities keeping me busy.

Back stabbers = people who go behind one´s back

Gossips = people who do not mind their own business

Deceivers = envious, faux, manipulators who look to sabotage others

Don´t Thinkers = people who do quintessentials without thinking of the results it may cause or if it harms others

Have a lovely Sunday,
Ciao, Margi.

Right now it is my own body that has be frustrated. Ever since menopause (about 10 years ago; I'm 57), I occasionally have my sense of smell go off. Way off. Now I've heard of this with other women I know, but they lose it entirely. For me, most things I used to love just stink. It comes and goes, but when it's bad, very little tastes good, period. So between caring for parents stress and this aroma thing, I lost 30 lbs. Normally I'd say this is a good thing, ten more would be good. I'm quite tall and large-boned and muscular, so I think maybe two people have noticed. But I just can't trust weight loss. The last time this happened I bought some new clothes that went to Goodwill when my sense of scent came back. It's ridiculous.

Buon Giorno,

Back stabbers = people who go behind one´s back

Gossips = people who do not mind their own business

Deceivers = envious, faux, manipulators who look to sabotage others

Don´t Thinkers = people who do quintessentials without thinking of the results it may cause or if it harms others

Have a lovely Sunday,
Ciao, Margi.

Living in this building has given me a new and deeper hatred of gossip. And not because it has been directed at or about me. Just that I have seen how vicious it can become. There is a clique that meets every morning in one of the apartments for coffee. I don't think they realize how their voices carry. They leave the door open and you can hear them way down the hall. There is one woman here who has had a some serious physical harm done to her from a relative. As a result, she is very careful who she answers her door to. According to this clique, she is now nothing better than a snob. "Who does she think she is? She acts better than any of us. She thinks she has money and tries to act it. She has nothing but trash for relatives." These are just a few of some of the remarks that have been heard. But if they see her in the laundry room or hallways, butter would melt in their mouths. Sometimes I will speak up when I hear a person starting to gossip. I had one woman tell me, "It isn't gossip if it is true." Gossip is gossip. When you are talking about a person and the subject matter does not concern you, then it is gossip. And it can be very hurtful and mean. :mad::mad:

Addie, Buonasera,

Thank you for your feedback.

Indirect or direct Gossip is potentially dangerous ... and can land up hurting innocent people´s reputations and 99% of the time it is B.S. anyway ...

Another point, I am not a Click / Clique woman ... And thus, dislike Gangs, which is what a Click really is ...

Yes, you are right, as it can endanger or put someone innocent at great risk.

Thanks for your input,
Ciao, Margi.

Back
Top Bottom