What Is A Pain In The Derriere To U?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You need a sign that says "Trespassers beware, you are not welcome here and I carry a paintball gun". Get a paintball gun and practice with it. Oh and we want your menacing picture here too, you carrying the paintball gun.;)
HUMMMMM a paint ball gun huh? Great idea now I need to learn to point and get my last eye surgery and I'm set.
kades:LOL:

People I call "Nasty Nice", they try to pretend that they are being nice when in fact they really mean the total opposite.

Originally Posted by babetoo
people that assume i am stupid, because i am old.

Or people who think I am stupid because I am unemployed. As soon as my health and the economy get better I want to get back to work.

Last edited:
HUMMMMM a paint ball gun huh? Great idea now I need to learn to point and get my last eye surgery and I'm set.
kades:LOL:

Ha ha.......I think they are mostly safe, you just need to hit them so the paint splatters all over them. Purple is nice. The police can identify them by the paint splotches.:LOL:

@ buckytom (kidding kidding!) but I am so embarrassed... I'm pretty darn sure I did that on here recently but in my defense I copied it from someone else :whistling Ok, I'm a dork (I'm not pretty darn sure, I'm definitely sure I did it) and I apologize!! :LOL:

lol, no problem. it's just my opinion. people can speak or write how they choose. but i'd like to think that it matters that the person you are speaking "to" receives your intended message well. when you speak "at" someone, it implies a disconnect in intentions. it is more about what you have to say rather than the communication at hand.

Last edited:
@ bt it's just a form of Internet shorthand much like IMO or YMMV or the other abbreviations.

The @ notation is particularly useful when you are replying to two or more previous posts and want to make it clear which posts you are replying to but at the same time are too lazy to go through all the extra motions to make a multi-quote reply, particularly if you are like me and edit down the quotes to the bare essentials.

Okay, another thing that annoys me. Somebody posts some word and then they add (sp?) behind it. It's like an admission, "okay I know my spelling sucks and I know this word is spelled wrong but I'm too lazy to look it up on the Internet and get the word right, even though I'm already on a computer and on the Internet and it would take me 20 seconds to get the spelling correct."

you see how that works, greg? you spoke at me, and i took it that way. you merely wanted to make your statement regardless of how you'd think i would take it.

if you wanted to actually converse about it, really wanting me to understand you, you would have spoken "to" me.

pretty simple, huh?

hmm, what does ymmv mean?

your move, mother vucker? lol. just kidding.

Last edited:
I dislike quotes that have been trimmed, but there were no ellipses (the three dots) to indicate where stuff has been removed.

i often use ellipses, maybe improperly, when implying there's a joke or continued thought to follow.

People who run red lights. It's an epidemic here! Also people who hold up traffic because they are texting and not driving. I almost yelled at a young girl today who blocked several cars from getting through the light while she was preoccupied. I did consider getting out my truck and grabbing her phone and throwing it.(Might save her life)

people that assume i am stupid, because i am old.

Want to piss me off big time? Assume or treat me as if I am stupid. It takes me all of three seconds to set them straight. Instant anger. "Do I look like I have Alzheimer's?" in a rather nasty tone. Treat me as if I am stupid and I will embarass you and put you in your place. They can't apoligize enough.:mad:

@bt: get over it dude! :)

i get annoyed at posts with all lower case and no punctuation but i too got over it dude

I dislike quotes that have been trimmed, but there were no ellipses (the three dots) to indicate where stuff has been ...
mee too!

I really like the ... (or) . . .

Last edited:
greg, umm ... dude. you get annoyed when babetoo posts in all lowercase? or are you just taking a poorly thought out simple minded shot? because the former would be pretty mean considering babe has been feeling lonely.

@ bt sorry dude but i meant you, although i enjoy reading your posts even though your caps shift key is borken :)

i hadn't noticed that babetoo posts in all lower case

best part about this, i know you're a good guy and i know that you won't hold my teasing as a grudge against me :)

Last edited:
buckytom, you made me snort my wine you brat. is your shift key broken? ;)

My PITA would be um...oh lordy, too many to mention. How about...neighbour's dogs yapping at me while I quietly read on my deck.

Last edited:
I hate it when people think that making plural's is just a matter of adding 's to make it plural.

(Please note the intended self humor in the above.)

greg, umm ... dude. you get annoyed when babetoo posts in all lowercase? or are you just taking a poorly thought out simple minded shot? because the former would be pretty mean considering babe has been feeling lonely.

I realize that not everyone is computer savvy. Specially the elderly. I don't even see the errors in spelling or their typing. If I can read it and understnd what they are sayinig, that is all I ask. As I get older, I have become more forgiving of others and less critical. Unless they really are dumb because they choose to be. :)

Oh, I know another one. Writing "to" when the person means "too". Sometimes it's obvious, but other times I don't understand until I "think it out loud".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom