"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #21
Executive Chef

Kades,

Borrow a friendīs large dog to scare the pants off of them for starters ! Secondly, take some photos of the creeps, and call the Police ...

Thanks for sharing.
Ciao. Margaux.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #22
Executive Chef

To All The Contributors On This Thread,

Thanks alot for all your contributions, feedback, humor, empathy, and stories ...

Kind regards.
Margaux Cintrano.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #23
Senior Cook

When people come out of no where and bend down to pat my dog without asking. He nipped a guy two weeks ago who did this. *I* didn't even see the guy, so I jumped when I saw his hand down near my pup. His wife told him it was his fault and he shouldn't have done it.
Bella99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Kades,

Borrow a friendīs large dog to scare the pants off of them for starters ! Secondly, take some photos of the creeps, and call the Police ...

Thanks for sharing.
Ciao. Margaux.
Thanks Margi,
I've tried the police, in fact my far down the road neighbor is a retired detective!!! The dog we are thinking of getting another German Shephard or Maybe a Rot or Doberman...we shall see...Pictures I'm not so good at taking them...
kades
Old 06-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella99 View Post
When people come out of no where and bend down to pat my dog without asking. He nipped a guy two weeks ago who did this. *I* didn't even see the guy, so I jumped when I saw his hand down near my pup. His wife told him it was his fault and he shouldn't have done it.
I always hold my hands at my side and let the dog sniff me first. I let him decide if he wants to be friends.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

I always hold my hands at my side and let the dog sniff me first. I let him decide if he wants to be friends.
We teach the kids to ask,"Is your dog friendly?", then, "May I pat your dog?"

DH uses the abbreviated version, "Is your dog friendly?"
Old 06-12-2012, 03:49 PM   #27
Executive Chef

My experience working with reptiles, especially the venomous ones, various wild mammals some folks have tried to keep as pets and being in the water with numerous marine species, I have a very healthy respect for both wild and domestic creatures. The term "My Space" needs to be taken literally, as most creatures will bite first and never ask a question later. The stupid find this out pretty fast.

In my younger stupid days, I trespassed into some of those spaces and paid the price. One learned lesson, don't pull nurse sharks by the tail, even small ones. They leave scars that last for years.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #28
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
My experience working with reptiles, especially the venomous ones, various wild mammals some folks have tried to keep as pets and being in the water with numerous marine species, I have a very healthy respect for both wild and domestic creatures. The term "My Space" needs to be taken literally, as most creatures will bite first and never ask a question later. The stupid find this out pretty fast.

In my younger stupid days, I trespassed into some of those spaces and paid the price. One learned lesson, don't pull nurse sharks by the tail, even small ones. They leave scars that last for years.
Bella99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #29
Head Chef

People who accost me when entering and/or leaving the market asking for a donation, to sign a petition, or start yakking about a "cause".

Talk to the hand.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #30
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
I get really angry when people trapise into my yard and proceed to pick fruit, veggies, herbs what have you load them into bags and walk off like they own the place. Flowers too for that matter.I could run out there and have a great big fit!!!
kades
You need a sign that says "Trespassers beware, you are not welcome here and I carry a paintball gun". Get a paintball gun and practice with it. Oh and we want your menacing picture here too, you carrying the paintball gun.