What Is A Pain In The Derriere To U?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol, no problem. it's just my opinion. people can speak or write how they choose. but i'd like to think that it matters that the person you are speaking "to" receives your intended message well. when you speak "at" someone, it implies a disconnect in intentions. it is more about what you have to say rather than the communication at hand.

People who's Shift Key does not work.:LOL:

Oh, I know another one. Writing "to" when the person means "too". Sometimes it's obvious, but other times I don't understand until I "think it out loud".
That's two funny!

I noticed recently that I almost said "too" for "to" until I re-read my post before hitting submit. A problem is that spell checkers only know if it's a real word, not if it's the right one. And lots of things I think shouldn't be words apparently are...

Do witches use spell checkers? (Oops, wrong ley line!)

That's two funny!

I noticed recently that I almost said "too" for "to" until I re-read my post before hitting submit. A problem is that spell checkers only know if it's a real word, not if it's the right one. And lots of things I think shouldn't be words apparently are...

Do witches use spell checkers? (Oops, wrong ley line!)
A friend of mine submitter a report at work. She used the spell checker. It seemed to think that "doe snot" was acceptable. (space in the wrong place, should have said "does not")

there's a function to my improper spelling. :)

a long time ago, in the 300 baud days of computer communication, most nerdy tech people typed in the simplest characters possible, or all lowercase. anyone who wanted to appear to shout something wrote it in all capital letters. but that was for rare occasions.

i didn't make it up; it was just that way for speed purposes.

i continued that tradition way past it's use for no good reason, until it became useful again when i began using my droid to communicate online. it has one of those touch screen keyboards where it would take a lot of extra keystrokes to produce capital letters (as opposed to being able to use 2 hands or 2 fingers at the same time on a real qwerty keyboard), so my patience or laziness has come full circle and i have a good reason not to write capital letters.

:smartass:

you would need really tiny fingers to touch type on the touch screen of a cell phone, taxy. plus, a lot of characters are only available on secondary pages or screens.

you would need really tiny fingers to touch type on the touch screen of a cell phone, taxy. plus, a lot of characters are only available on secondary pages or screens.
Well, yeah, but it's only one extra key stroke on my phone to make a capital letter. And, it capitalizes the first letter of every sentence for me.

shhh, mine does that too but i'm keeping with tradition. :angel:
Oh, alright.

But, I remember 300 baud modems. I capitalized letters back then. Now, sending a telex live (as opposed to typing a tape and then having the machine read the tape at what, 56 baud or so), that was another story. I'm not even sure they even had lower case letters. Those old telex machines had really stiff keys. You really had to pound them.

A group of people who like to hang out in the parking lot of our Tim Horton's. They do not go in and buy anything, they take up valuable parking spots, they stand talking to the driver of the car parked beside you and don't move so you can get into your car or drive away, they park their vehicles over the lines so no one can park beside them and they try to stare you down if you dare look at them.

This isn't a single occurance. My friend and I meet there on a regular basis and this same group is always there. And the Staff/management don't seem to do anything about it. If it was my business, they wouldn't be parking if they weren't buying! :mad:

well, you could capitalize, but that slowed transmission by a microsecond in order to transcode on simple bbs systems, and that was a sin.

my very first job was fixing old teletype equipment. it was a more finely tuned electrical machine than it was a computer.

well, you could capitalize, but that slowed transmission by a microsecond in order to transcode on simple bbs systems, and that was a sin.

my very first job was fixing old teletype equipment. it was a more finely tuned electrical machine than it was a computer.
It wasn't really noticeable on those old BBSs. Almost nobody types fast enough for it to make a difference. We had a game running at our house. Sometimes I would type hints.

Ever hear about the guy who kept getting interrupted by a Greek guy? Sysop. :LOL:

lol, with a comment like that, are you trying to test the waters??? :D

yeah, me too. women need more rights. more opportunities, more support.

(how'm i doin'?)
Tom mate what has the global lack of shoe shops got to do with "more support" if they want more support the should buy a Wonder Bra.:ermm:

there's no lack of shoe shops here, my friend. ask my wife... i mean my credit card company. they asked me if i married and centipede.

wonder bras are like a banana in your pocket.

most of what is promised ends up in a heap on the floor when it matters most... :cool:

Buon Giorno,

There is a lack of shoemakers in España ... One must go to the Central Market ...

*** Thanks to Bolas and Buckytom who have given such timely feedback ...

On the whole, Governments and Politics ... The Crisis, The Debt Society and Petty Destructive Crime overall ...

Have Nice Week,
Ciao, Margi.

Last edited:
A friend of mine submitter a report at work. She used the spell checker. It seemed to think that "doe snot" was acceptable. (space in the wrong place, should have said "does not")

Spell check is ok, I reckon.
'Course spell check indicates that the following sentence is fine:
"Eye have know idea watt aye should dew two correct this."

what if the dog they're holding isn't their dog, but rather an attack dog, while their dog is a sweetie?

the minkey was the one asking for minney.

anyone remember peter sellers?

It's hard to put his French accent into print, but I think it went something like, "Dose your dug baht?" And yes, the way he said "minkey." :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom