"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #81
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
It's hard to put his French accent into print, but I think it went something like, "Dose your dug baht?" And yes, the way he said "minkey."
I always laughed at 'minkey' too.

Pain in the Derriere--emails that bait.

A 'friend' (whatever non-friend) that makes an incorrect (false) accusation--begging the response that would correct them, explain something that is none of their business, and defend myself. I just cut contact.

A weird relative that writes to give me an update (how kind) on how uncle whoever's surgery went, purposely forgetting to tell what kind of surgery it was or how they were sick in the first place--begging the question, what is wrong with uncle whoever, almost a demand for a phone call or response to the original weird relative to find out. My solution is to write to the normal relatives and send good wishes to uncle whoever. I don't really need to know that uncle whoever had a successful hysterectomy, I guess, ha ha.

Why can't people just be nice? Stray dogs and strangers are nicer.

I can't abide by the rules here--must capitalize words, use punctuation, never use acronyms, never say anything @ someone, spell perfectly, and use correct grammar. If I'm understood and I understand your post, I'm happy with that. This is just too much pressure!

Old 06-13-2012, 12:42 PM   #82
Chef Extraordinaire

I won't start on the errors one makes when it comes to English. What does annoy me is the number of companies that have outsourced their customer service departments offshore. I have no patience trying to explain a problem to someone in another country and then having that person argue with me or get totally lost because I've gone "off script" and the person has been told that he/she cannot escalate the call. It also annoys me because there are so many people out of work in NA and those jobs could help our economies--not to mention provide tax dollars for infrastructure systems and get people off of assistance and back to work.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:05 PM   #83
Head Chef

Spin doctors. Just the facts, please.

Tail-gaters. Please get off my back bumper.

Balky computers, mine foremost.

Aisle-hoggers at the grocery, just standing and talking.

TV commercials and political ads. I know, get a TIVO. I'm too cheap.

Cats that stand in the doorway and think while I hold the door open for them. In or Out, like the cartoon on the Today's Funny thread.

Cats that loved flavor X yesterday but won't touch it today.

Of course I still love the cats.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #84
Master Chef

Right now the list tops with the fact that whenever technology gets "better", I'm left further and further behind. It makes me want to scream. Between being totally unable to download music on my new MP3 (does it qualify as new when I've had it for a month and it remains unused) to the fact that yesterday my entire email system crashed and when I managed to bring it back up, my address book was gone. Totally and completely gone.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #85
Executive Chef

Buon Giorno, To All the Contributors on this thread,

Thanks for all the thread feedback.

Kindest.
ciao,
Have a nice wkend,
Margi
Old 06-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #86
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margi Cintrano View Post
Buon Giorno, To All the Contributors on this thread,

Thanks for all the thread feedback.

Kindest.
ciao,
Have a nice wkend,
Margi
So does this mean we have to stop whining? All our pains just stopped? I didn't see a vote. Is this the end of the thread?
Old 06-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #87
Master Chef

Margi, one thing I learned many years ago is there is no point in discussing, much less arguing, with a closed mind. I have friends, acquaintances, and relatives who just think one way and that is it. This is (in USA terms) on both sides of the fence. I refuse to let them engage me in intellectual conversation, because I know they, well, don't use their intellect. They aren't really stupid, just somewhere along the line let their intellect be sidetracked with political or religious rhetoric without actually thinking a problem through.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #88
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
A group of people who like to hang out in the parking lot of our Tim Horton's. They do not go in and buy anything, they take up valuable parking spots, they stand talking to the driver of the car parked beside you and don't move so you can get into your car or drive away, they park their vehicles over the lines so no one can park beside them and they try to stare you down if you dare look at them.

This isn't a single occurance. My friend and I meet there on a regular basis and this same group is always there. And the Staff/management don't seem to do anything about it. If it was my business, they wouldn't be parking if they weren't buying!
LP, when I lived in Tacoma, I had a girlfriend that had a old beat up car that sometimes would refuse to start. It was ashamed to be seen in public. There was a doughnut shop next to the supermarket. The coffee brigade parked there every day, participants changing throughout the day. She would pull up next to a shiny car and swing her door open as hard as she could. DING!! BANG!! "Oh did I do that? Sorry." After about a month of this, they got the message and started to park a few rows back. I thought for sure she was going to get punched a few times.

At that time insurance was not mandatory in Wash. State.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #89
Executive Chef

Blissful: Certainly not. It is very time consuming to send 9 pages of personal PM Thank You Notes. That is why I usually post a commune note.

Claire: I have learnt a long time ago, that I prefer dialogue verses monologue ... Thanks for your feedback and input.

Addies: As always your anecdotes are always enjoyable reads.

Ciao, Have a nice wkend.
Margi.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #90
Executive Chef

Tinlizzie,

I speak Cat, and thus, understand perfectly how you feel ...

Have a nice wkend.
Thanks for your post.
Ciao,
Margi.