What Is Everyone Doing New Years Eve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will be watching a movie and then maybe some Masterchef or something...nice to just be at home, not on the roads and enjoying each others company...but we hope to be in bed before 12pm...we dont stay up for it

I will be at work today, than have a small bit of grocery shopping, then home to start cooking our meal for tomorrow. Movies, most likely and to bed. We may or may not stay up until midnight.

We stay home. We'll have our steaks for supper. We'll watch a movie. DH will go to bed and I'll stay up to ring in the New Year. After spending a few days on the road visiting family, we like to just relax and enjoy being home.

It has literally been decades since I went out for NYE. Glenn and I will stay in, probably watch a movie and maybe or maybe not make it to midnight to see in 2013. We've tried in the past and always seem to find ourselves opening heavy eyes just after midnight.

Staying in tonight. Just the wife and I and a few bubbly friends... :yum:

img_1223740_0_b8a8eaad0e8ce11862f327875463dbdf.jpg

We have a couple of very excited 13 year old girls very anxiously awaiting check in at the hotel with a kids playland pool.

Hope you are all having a wonderful new years eve :)

Our night was lovely and it is now New Years Day here :)

DxW is having me over for dinner and a movie. I expect to be home and asleep well before midnight. We like to greet the new year Early in the morning.

Happy New Yesr Kylie. Happy New Year Everyone. :)

Last edited:
I'm hoping to find a good movie on Netflix. Maybe one of the couple hundred I have in my instand queue :wacko:

And happy New Year, early, present or belated :)

Taking a stroll down memory lane, remembering my very best, most exciting NYE ever in 2007, although it doesn't seem that long ago.

Steve and I had been married just two months previously in Santorini Greece and we returned to Europe for my birthday and the holidays.
New Years Eve found us on a riverboat on the Danube in Linz Austria. That afernoon we were wandering through that lovely town and noticed the streets were full of vendors selling fireworks. I'm talking serious sky rocket fireworks like I've never seen for sale in the USA, and all the locals were buying them. We returned to the ship for a lovely dinner with the other passengers, and then bundled up for the cold to go up on the sun deck with our Champagne. Around 11 pm the spontaneous show began from the people of Linz on each side of the Danube river. It was the most spectacular fireworks show I've ever seen in my life. A light snow was falling, and the colors of the hundreds of fireworks over the water for more than an hour, was something to behold. Standing there with our Champagne, I felt like I was in a fantasy movie.

We'll remember that magical night tonight, and all of our NYE's.

Happy new year everyone!

Taking a stroll down memory lane, remembering my very best, most exciting NYE ever in 2007, although it doesn't seem that long ago.

Steve and I had been married just two months previously in Santorini Greece and we returned to Europe for my birthday and the holidays.
New Years Eve found us on a riverboat on the Danube in Linz Austria. That afernoon we were wandering through that lovely town and noticed the streets were full of vendors selling fireworks. I'm talking serious sky rocket fireworks like I've never seen for sale in the USA, and all the locals were buying them. We returned to the ship for a lovely dinner with the other passengers, and then bundled up for the cold to go up on the sun deck with our Champagne. Around 11 pm the spontaneous show began from the people of Linz on each side of the Danube river. It was the most spectacular fireworks show I've ever seen in my life. A light snow was falling, and the colors of the hundreds of fireworks over the water for more than an hour, was something to behold. Standing there with our Champagne, I felt like I was in a fantasy movie.

Happy new year everyone!

Color me green.

You have a happy new year.

I don't watch the Crystal Ball. Not even First Night in Boston. And I certainly don't go out. Too many crazies out there tonight. I am going to try to do some sewing. :angel:

The Tamales I ordered from Texas came this morning, so we had some of those for our dinner. Now we are just biding our time until it's time to fall asleep...err, ring in the New Year!

How were those tamale's PF? We went for Sushi when our favorite place opened at 5pm and it was filled up by 5:20. There were about 30 people waiting to get in when we left so we're glad to be home safe and sound now.

How were those tamale's PF? We went for Sushi when our favorite place opened at 5pm and it was filled up by 5:20. There were about 30 people waiting to get in when we left so we're glad to be home safe and sound now.

They were fantastic! Shrek wants some for breakfast, too. I'm glad I got two dozen and they are definitely worth the price. Before I ordered them I asked Shrek how much he would be willing to pay for handmade tamales, he quoted me $2,50 a piece. Since these were cheaper, he agreed we should try them. I ordered them Christmas Day and they got here this morning, I used the cheapest shipping method.

We definitely want to try their other fillings, we just got the pork this time. So much easier than making them myself.:LOL:

Happy new year everyone!

new years eve on the banks of the danube river, with fireworks exploding and snowflakes drifting across the expectant, fresh faces of the newlyweds from america, for whom this magical scene would brighten new years night skies ever after....
kayelle, your new years in austria and your lovely rendition, is an incomparable memory to cherish always. thank you for sharing....

Back
Top Bottom