What Is It That You Like About Each Season Of The Year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lifesaver

Executive Chef
Summer: I like this season for it's warm temperature and I enjoy the fact that I am able to get out more and do the activities that I most enjoy like gardening, fishing, cooking out and so on.

Spring: I just love this time of year when everything outside is starting to turn green and the flowers are starting to bloom.

Autumn: Another beautiful time of year. I just love the weather, it's neither cold nor hot. And i just absoutly love the changing colors of the leaves on the trees.

Winter: This is an enjoyable season of it's own. The beauty of the freshly fallen snow all is quiet and everything seems to be so innocent.

Aside from summer's end, I like to see them all come. And I like to see them all leave.

Spring feels and smells fresh and new.

Summer is a time for BBQs, get togethers, swimming and celebrations.

Fall (my favorite) is the perfect temp, time to cool off, anticipation of the holiday season, and leaves changing (minimally here in Ga unfortunatly).

Winter is the time for holidays and family, cozy nights with coco, great meals, and the wonder of what the new year will bring.

Winter... I like to see it end.. warm soup...heavy meals
Fall... love the yellow and red leaves falling and dancing in the wind
Spring ... tulips!
Summer..sun..warmth ..blue sky...happy people

Summer is lovely because always associated with the season, the sea, and the mountain, HOLIDAYS! of course it can be depressing if you don't get to experience them, but the thought of them always picks me up.

Winter, Christimas and all the jolly atmosphere the season brings. Watching the snow falling from the warm house (though I haven't seen any snow for a long time...), snuggling in bed

Spring, the feeling of everything coming alive, the sun getting brighter and the leaves getting greener. (it would be nicer if I didn't suffer the hayfever...:glare:)

Autumn is my least favourite season I have to say, it is depressing. But I must say I love the colours of the leaves changing, it is so beautiful. Again, I wish I could see them more often.

Winter during the Snow is my fave, and then it has to be Spring time around early May for me.

I don`t really like summer at all until it goes dark, Autumn just promises Winter for me, so it`s a Good Sign.

I love the first snow of winter. I doubt that I'm alone in saying that February and March are awful, but that first, pristine snow is just beautiful.

In the spring I just love the bulbs popping their pretty heads, sometimes even out of the snow.

Summer is just kind of OK. I like the flowers and hummingbirds.

Fall, well I love the sugar maples sending their beautiful colors.

After years of living in Hawaii and Florida, I really do love to have the seasons. Throwing a sweater on is great.

What is your favorite season and why?

Thought I'd dumpster-dive before I started a brand new thread and *tada!* found something old to recycle. And recycling is good, right?
I never could decide which season I liked best, spring or fall. Then I started a garden and decided I like fall better - you can eat your way through it! Of course spring has asparagus and peas and all, but you get more in fall and it stores longer.

Actually, I consider there to be five seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Fall, and Winter. LoveLoveLove Autumn! That, to me, is when you have gently warm days, crisp cool nights, and pretty colors on the trees. Fall is when it all comes to a screeching end with cold rainy days, slick leaves to rake, and snow expected any day. I'd rather have the snow that cold rain. ;)

From most-like to not, mine are: Autumn, Spring, Winter, Fall, Summer.

Summer is my least favorite. When it's humid I'm crabby. When it gets into the upper 70s I'm crabby. Well, at least in summer I have reasons to be crabby! :ROFLMAO:

Which season do you like, and why? Do you dislike any? Share, please. :)

In California our seasons are fire, flood, drought and earthquake. I can't think of anything I like about any of them.

I simply love Winter as I love rugging up and been snug and cosy :) Love having the heaters on or sitting by an open fire, love the sound of the rain, I find that so soothing, snuggling up in bed on the cold rainy nights, love Winter to bits!

Autumn is wonderful too, lovely cool nights and cool mornings with slightly warm sunny days, the look of all the leaves falling, the colours of Autumn are fantastic

Spring is lovely as it starts to warm up, new growth appearing on all our plants and trees, lovely warm days

Summer...cant stand! Have to live in air conditioning, when out and about, you sweat, it is uncomfortable, also for sleeping, lots of mozzies around, there is nothing I like about Summer!

I simply love Winter as I love rugging up and been snug and cosy :) Love having the heaters on or sitting by an open fire, love the sound of the rain, I find that so soothing, snuggling up in bed on the cold rainy nights, love Winter to bits!

Autumn is wonderful too, lovely cool nights and cool mornings with slightly warm sunny days, the look of all the leaves falling, the colours of Autumn are fantastic

Spring is lovely as it starts to warm up, new growth appearing on all our plants and trees, lovely warm days

Summer...cant stand! Have to live in air conditioning, when out and about, you sweat, it is uncomfortable, also for sleeping, lots of mozzies around, there is nothing I like about Summer!
+1
I hate bugs, high humidity, sweating and the congestion caused by summer vacationers..

I like Spring because of its warmer days and the awakening of plant life for another season. The days are bright and clear.

I like summer because I can enjoy Aruba weather right in my backyard. Minimal clothing required so I can dress and undress more easily.

I like Fall because it provide a refreshing change from the oppressive hazy, hot and humid weather of summer. The the crisp clear days are a joy and the glorious foliage is dazzling.

Winter's OK, I guess. Dressing warmly, driving in snow, shoveling and heating are all things I dislike. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Aruba and warm steaming dishes of great comfort foods are all things I love. So let's call it a draw.

See you next year.

I like Spring: Everything feels like it's brand new: Apple blossoms, lilac's & all of the gardens are getting planted & it smells fresh & clean outside

Summer: More active outside, I do not care for the real hot weather or mowing the lawn, & it always seems to require more outdoor, household maitenance. Enjoy being in the outdoor pool, in the lap lanes.

Fall: My favorite time of the year. Bon fires at night, the smell of burning leaves, Cold & crisp evenings, snuggling up with an extra comfortor on the bed, harvest time in the country with all the good smells associated with it: The smell of black dirt being turned up in the fields, the smell of hay & alfalfa when they are baling. Harvest time in the garden with fresh squash & pumpkins. Warming up the house with comfort foods & seasonal baking.

Winter: The first snowfall is always nice, seems to make everything bright & clean. I do not care for scraping the car windows, shoveling the snow & driving in the freezing rain but there is also a real beauty to the season.

Tourism: What does your town, stat or country offer?

With summer just around the corner, alot of people will be on the road vacationing. It would be wonderful to hear from everyone to what their state, town or country has to offer as far as museums, attractions, specialty foods your area is known for or anything else you care to add.

South Dakota:

Western end: Mount rushmore, Beautiful area full of trees, hills & rock formations, Reptile gardens, Wax museums & several caves to explore.

Eastern end: 18th century home museums, Downtown sculpture walk, & Falls park, just to name a few.

There are more small towns & rural areas than there are large towns or cities. Farming & ranching are very common with alot of Cowboys as well as Amercian Indians.

It's a real meat & potatoes kind of state. Work hard & eat hardy. Buffalo burgers/roasts, homemade chislic, rocky mountain oysters & deer (venison) in many forms: Sausage, jerky & roasts. Going to fish at the river is a treat with walleye, sunfish & rainbow trout. In the summer off the shoreline or dock & the wintertime ice fishing in a ice house or just sitting on a pail.

Would love to hear from everyone!:)

In California our seasons are fire, flood, drought and earthquake. I can't think of anything I like about any of them.

I'll go along with our seasons being fire flood and drought but not earthquake. In other parts of the country every year there certainly are hurricane and tornado seasons however. The last serious earthquake here was nearly 20 years ago.

In this part of California we have a beautiful year round Mediterranean climate similar to Greece, and that's just fine by me. I'd really love to visit New England in the Fall again. It's breathtakingly beautiful there but they can keep winter.

+1
I hate bugs, high humidity, sweating and the congestion caused by summer vacationers..

Oh yes, cant stand the humidity, that is bad!

We get a lot of dry heat here which is better than the humid days, but we still have a fair few muggy days...I dont like any heat basically :LOL:

I've decided there is one thing to like about summer: all the homemade ice cream stands are open during the season! There are a couple really yummy ones up here. And back home I can always get my favorite, black walnut. :yum:

+1

Before we got married Himself told me he wanted to retire to FL. I told him to find another bride! :ROFLMAO: He married me anyway - then his Dad started up on me about moving to FL. Dad and Mom had moved when they were in their early 50s because Himself's Mom wasn't as vocal about not wanting to live there. Dad used to chide me about hiding in the house during the winter, and having to bundle when you went out. I reminded him I did ski, plus if we lived in FL I would have to hide in the house during the summer. And early fall. And late spring! Besides, I can layer on more clothes in the winter but there is only so much I can take off in hot weather before I get arrested! :ohmy: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom