"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 10-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
Executive Chef
What Is It That You Like About Each Season Of The Year?

Summer: I like this season for it's warm temperature and I enjoy the fact that I am able to get out more and do the activities that I most enjoy like gardening, fishing, cooking out and so on.

Spring: I just love this time of year when everything outside is starting to turn green and the flowers are starting to bloom.

Autumn: Another beautiful time of year. I just love the weather, it's neither cold nor hot. And i just absoutly love the changing colors of the leaves on the trees.

Winter: This is an enjoyable season of it's own. The beauty of the freshly fallen snow all is quiet and everything seems to be so innocent.

Eat, Drink, Laugh and be Happy.
lifesaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
Aside from summer's end, I like to see them all come. And I like to see them all leave.

Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
Sous Chef
Spring feels and smells fresh and new.

Summer is a time for BBQs, get togethers, swimming and celebrations.

Fall (my favorite) is the perfect temp, time to cool off, anticipation of the holiday season, and leaves changing (minimally here in Ga unfortunatly).

Winter is the time for holidays and family, cozy nights with coco, great meals, and the wonder of what the new year will bring.
If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry? ~Author Unknown
jeninga75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Winter... I like to see it end.. warm soup...heavy meals
Fall... love the yellow and red leaves falling and dancing in the wind
Spring ... tulips!
Summer..sun..warmth ..blue sky...happy people
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #5
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Summer is lovely because always associated with the season, the sea, and the mountain, HOLIDAYS! of course it can be depressing if you don't get to experience them, but the thought of them always picks me up.

Winter, Christimas and all the jolly atmosphere the season brings. Watching the snow falling from the warm house (though I haven't seen any snow for a long time...), snuggling in bed

Spring, the feeling of everything coming alive, the sun getting brighter and the leaves getting greener. (it would be nicer if I didn't suffer the hayfever...)

Autumn is my least favourite season I have to say, it is depressing. But I must say I love the colours of the leaves changing, it is so beautiful. Again, I wish I could see them more often.
urmaniac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #6
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to YT2095
Winter during the Snow is my fave, and then it has to be Spring time around early May for me.

I don`t really like summer at all until it goes dark, Autumn just promises Winter for me, so it`s a Good Sign.
So long and Thanks for all the Fish ;)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:55 PM   #7
Master Chef
I love the first snow of winter. I doubt that I'm alone in saying that February and March are awful, but that first, pristine snow is just beautiful.

In the spring I just love the bulbs popping their pretty heads, sometimes even out of the snow.

Summer is just kind of OK. I like the flowers and hummingbirds.

Fall, well I love the sugar maples sending their beautiful colors.

After years of living in Hawaii and Florida, I really do love to have the seasons. Throwing a sweater on is great.
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #8
Master Chef
What is your favorite season and why?

Thought I'd dumpster-dive before I started a brand new thread and *tada!* found something old to recycle. And recycling is good, right?
I never could decide which season I liked best, spring or fall. Then I started a garden and decided I like fall better - you can eat your way through it! Of course spring has asparagus and peas and all, but you get more in fall and it stores longer.

Actually, I consider there to be five seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Fall, and Winter. LoveLoveLove Autumn! That, to me, is when you have gently warm days, crisp cool nights, and pretty colors on the trees. Fall is when it all comes to a screeching end with cold rainy days, slick leaves to rake, and snow expected any day. I'd rather have the snow that cold rain.

From most-like to not, mine are: Autumn, Spring, Winter, Fall, Summer.

Summer is my least favorite. When it's humid I'm crabby. When it gets into the upper 70s I'm crabby. Well, at least in summer I have reasons to be crabby!

Which season do you like, and why? Do you dislike any? Share, please.
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #9
Executive Chef
In California our seasons are fire, flood, drought and earthquake. I can't think of anything I like about any of them.
Life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed to a surprise party - Jimmy Buffett
Sir_Loin_of_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire
I simply love Winter as I love rugging up and been snug and cosy Love having the heaters on or sitting by an open fire, love the sound of the rain, I find that so soothing, snuggling up in bed on the cold rainy nights, love Winter to bits!

Autumn is wonderful too, lovely cool nights and cool mornings with slightly warm sunny days, the look of all the leaves falling, the colours of Autumn are fantastic

Spring is lovely as it starts to warm up, new growth appearing on all our plants and trees, lovely warm days

Summer...cant stand! Have to live in air conditioning, when out and about, you sweat, it is uncomfortable, also for sleeping, lots of mozzies around, there is nothing I like about Summer!

All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote