What is on your tv right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NASCAR Nextel Cup Pennsylvania 500, Final Practice from Pocono.
9.gif

sc, i think your car needs new shocks! :) they must be shot from driving in the mud ruts from big vehicles on fire roads...

i am watching the yankees v.s. the angels on one tv, and have the local network feed (wcbs-ny) on another; and cnn, nbc, abc, and fox on others. gimmeeee input!!!!!!!!!!!
(i'm at work)

pdswife said:
Nothing right now... but, in a hour I'm going to watch the last of "INTO THE WEST"
It's been a pretty good mini-series.

David, for some unknown reason (just being nice I guess,lol) switched his Nexflix subscription to our house and I got two movies in the mail today. Both Richard Gere!! THE JACKAL and UNFAITHFUL has anyone seen either of them? Are they
worth watching??

White men suck! Yep I watched the mini series.......maybe I should kill myself.

buckytom said:
sc, i think your car needs new shocks! :) they must be shot from driving in the mud ruts from big vehicles on fire roads...

:LOL: :ROFLMAO: bucky, I felt like that today as a drove down a very washboarded road. I thought my teeth were going to rattle out of my mouth. By the time I drove a mile or so, I was exhausted.

lol, sc. i'm picturing a bunch of loggers standing around the water cooler, all with their pearly whites chattering as they bs about the ride...

We are having a Lord of the Rings "film festival." LOL We had seen the first 2 in the theater but not the 3rd. We have all of them, but we wanted to see the first 2 again before seeing the 3rd. We will stop it long enough to watch Big Brother tonight though.

:) Barbara

The Rockies are playing (again) after that, I'm going to try to find a movie to watch.

The thing is still playing to an empty room...Giants should be on later I think, cant wait to see if they can win a game! Yes I'm a Giants fan:LOL:

kadesma

kadesma said:
The thing is still playing to an empty room...Giants should be on later I think, cant wait to see if they can win a game! Yes I'm a Giants fan:LOL:

kadesma

kadesma, the Giants and A's are my favorites teams. Currently, I am watching the NASCAR truck race. The Braves and Diamondbacks are playing on TBS, but no sign of a Giants game. :glare:

SierraCook said:
kadesma, the Giants and A's are my favorites teams. Currently, I am watching the NASCAR truck race. The Braves and Diamondbacks are playing on TBS, but no sign of a Giants game. :glare:
Rats, I thought they were supposed to play a night game....Guess I better go check out sport channel..Thanks Sierra...My youngest son is an avid A's fan..You should hear us when both teams are on at the smae time...Talk about NOISEY!!! That's us:ROFLMAO:
kadesma

SierraCook said:
7:15 on MLB TV
Thanks Sierra,
I checked Fox Sports Net and they are on there...I see they are retiring Gaylord Perry's number, boy I remember him to, I can't believe I'm that old:LOL: :ROFLMAO:
kadesma

I don't get fox sports net. :( I wish I did. I remember Gaylord Perry.

Giants Retire Gaylord Perry's Jersey
By JANIE McCAULEY
AP Sports Writer

July 23, 2005, 9:40 PM CDT

SAN FRANCISCO -- Gaylord Perry still jokes about his infamous spitball and how much it contributed to his decorated career.

The San Francisco Giants retired the jersey of the Hall of Fame right-hander Saturday night, the 10th player or manager to have their number retired in the club's 123-year history and the first since Orlando Cepeda in 1999.

"It was between me and Juan Marichal, and they took me," Perry said.

Still quite the jokester, Perry earlier spoke of how he once tried silicone on his hands. When he thought about what it's typically used for, he said he couldn't concentrate on his work.

So, he stuck to his usual.

"I'd put Vaseline on my hands and shake the opponents' hands the night before I pitched," Perry said. "They'd say, 'What are you doing?' and I'd say, 'I'm just getting ready for tomorrow night.'"

The 66-year-old Perry posted 314 victories in a 22-year career with eight teams, the first 10 with the Giants. He pitched one of 17 no-hitters in franchise history Sept. 17, 1968, against the St. Louis Cardinals and Cy Young Award winner Bob Gibson at Candlestick Park.

"What an honor," Perry said following a warm standing ovation. He played for the Giants from 1962-1971.

With streamers and balloons, his No. 36 was unfurled above the second deck of bleachers in left field, between the No. 30 of Cepeda and Willie McCovey's No. 44 -- two more Giants' Hall of Famers of his era. Highlights of Perry's career played on the big screen on the main scoreboard in center field.

"Gaylord, how would you have liked to pitch in this ballpark? What a delight," said Mike McCormick, who along with his former teammates presented Perry with a framed plaque of his jersey.

Perry's number decorated the grass in foul territory along the first- and third-base lines, and the first 20,000 fans received a bobblehead of his likeness.

Perry, a five-time All-Star, was the first pitcher to win the Cy Young Award in both leagues, and he posted four 20-win seasons.

"I never saw a spitball," said Giants manager Felipe Alou, who played with Perry in San Francisco and in winter ball. "He didn't throw it to me, maybe out of friendship. The times I faced Gaylord, he threw a slider, a fastball, a curveball -- and it was enough to get me out. ...

"He is a legitimate Hall of Famer. He was a tremendous pitcher since the day they signed him."

Alou recalled when Perry pitched some 120 innings in winter ball for the Escogido team in the Dominican Republic. He would take the ball on two days' rest if necessary, Alou said.

"He would knock his brother down if it meant getting somebody out," said McCormick, the NL Cy Young Award winner in 1967.

About a dozen of Perry's former teammates were on hand for the tribute -- including Willie Mays, Marichal, Felipe Alou, Matty Alou, Cepeda and McCovey. Perry slapped hands with each of them when introduced, then tipped his cap and waved to the crowd.

One thing hasn't changed.

"I still hate the Dodgers, yes," Perry said. "As soon as (Tommy) Lasorda gets to heaven, he's going to see God has pinstripes instead of Dodger Blue."

Perry retired after the 1983 season and received a large jar of Vaseline from one umpire.
Copyright © 2005, The Associated Press

Back
Top Bottom