"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-02-2005, 03:09 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife
Thanks, Paul decided to go hunting so... I'm going with plan A. Books and tv sound better than a hair cut.

I do have to go to Seattle... I have to be there by 8:00am though.. so traffic shouldn't be toooooo bad. I hope. Cross your fingers that they HATE me and send me home!!!
Jury duty is the pits and right now it has DH foaming at the mouth..Tomorrow the other tech has jury duty and I've been called for the following monday...Great HUH???? MY luck is I sit there til 5 going from court room to court room, looking bored getting excused at 5 go home for two more years..what a pain...Now both girls have to pay extra for the kids to go to the sitter instead of here with me...or Take the day off from teaching, sure, that's a forget it...The last time I got picked it was for a drug dealer, who just sat and stared at us, while the bailiff, stood with gun drawn besides his brother 5 days of this and then MISTRIAL...I was so mad, I could have taked the courthouse apart nail by nail...Now, I make it my job to look as bored as possible and since the lawyers watch you when first seated in the box, I usually get let go...works most times...Hope you get sent home, wish me the same there Pds
kadesma,

Old 10-02-2005, 03:13 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

HH is off delivering daughter and friend to the movies. Betcha a dollar he's going to want to take a "nap" with me when he gets back.

Old 10-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #13
Everymom

LMAO!! Oh, this thread is fun to read. I'll add my two cents here.

We did church this morning, I made noodly noodly soup for lunch (whew! tough work!) then I did a quick grocery run and vacuumed the upstairs. Kid #1 is out walking the dog with DH, and kid #2 is raking the leaves. I am trying to convince them to go bike riding over to their Gramma's and then maybe I will go for a "nap" too. Heh heh heh.

Dinner is going to be leftovers as I go to yoga tonight and a heavy meal and yoga mean much pain for my belly!
Old 10-02-2005, 03:49 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

It's not so easy with children around who can walk unassisted and open doors, is it, Alix?

Well, I have to admit being the loser on my bet- for now.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:54 PM   #15
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
It's not so easy with children around who can walk unassisted and open doors, is it, Alix?
Amen to that.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:00 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Aidan is taking his nap now, so it is relaxation time for me. I have a big bowl of brown rice with tofu and peanut sauce and once I peel myself off this chair, I will go for a hot long shower. Then clean up a bit :-(
Old 10-02-2005, 05:59 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
pds, just tell them that you watch all those lawyer shows on TV and are now an expert on the law.

you will be back home in no time!
I'll do that!!
I also plan on Shouting "GUILTY" as I walk in the court room.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:04 PM   #18
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Jury duty is the pits and right now it has DH foaming at the mouth..Tomorrow the other tech has jury duty and I've been called for the following monday...Great HUH???? MY luck is I sit there til 5 going from court room to court room, looking bored getting excused at 5 go home for two more years..what a pain...Now both girls have to pay extra for the kids to go to the sitter instead of here with me...or Take the day off from teaching, sure, that's a forget it...The last time I got picked it was for a drug dealer, who just sat and stared at us, while the bailiff, stood with gun drawn besides his brother 5 days of this and then MISTRIAL...I was so mad, I could have taked the courthouse apart nail by nail...Now, I make it my job to look as bored as possible and since the lawyers watch you when first seated in the box, I usually get let go...works most times...Hope you get sent home, wish me the same there Pds
kadesma,
My fingers are crossed that we both get sent home!
They say jury duty is random.. but... I'm not sure I believe it. This is the forth time I've been called.. and I have many friends who've never had the pleasure yet. Paul and I got notices with in a week of each other.. and everytime we've gone there's been someone else there that we know. KING county is huge how can we keep being picked???
Old 10-03-2005, 12:38 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
i had to work from 7 a.m- 4 p.m.
but i only took a half hour lunch
so i left at 3:30. then i drove out
to my dad's cause it was his birthday
today and he had a clam bake.

happy birthday dad !!!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:41 AM   #20
Master Chef

I just decided to have a nice relaxing day around the house. Got up at 8 am, made a pot of coffee. Had cereal for breakfast. Played fetch with the dog. Put laundry in the wash machine. Started watching the NASCAR Nextel Cup race at 10 am. Played around on the computer. Loaded the dishwasher. Baked chocolate chip banana cake. Made jambalaya for dinner. My kind of Sunday nothing to stressful. This is my last day of my vacation, so I decided that I was going to enjoy it.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote