"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-02-2005, 01:05 PM   #1
Executive Chef

what is planned for this lazy sunday the 2nd?

It's cold in the house this morning, so I just built a fire and made a cup of tea. Later on, I will make some raspberry jam and eventually take a shower. After Aidan takes his nap, we will head into town. I think we might go to the children's museum and then go by the firestation to visit DH while he's working. And since I made delicious brownies yesterday, I will probably munch on those throughout the day.

How 'bout you guys? Any big plans for today or a lazy day like mine? Whatever you decide to do, ENJOY THE DAY!

Old 10-02-2005, 01:10 PM   #2
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
It's cold in the house this morning, so I just built a fire and made a cup of tea. Later on, I will make some raspberry jam and eventually take a shower. After Aidan takes his nap, we will head into town. I think we might go to the children's museum and then go by the firestation to visit DH while he's working. And since I made delicious brownies yesterday, I will probably munch on those throughout the day.

How 'bout you guys? Any big plans for today or a lazy day like mine? Whatever you decide to do, ENJOY THE DAY!

You built a fire? It's 85 here
I'll watch some football. Dallas doesn't play until 4:15 and since Pittsburgh has a bi-week, I guess I'll just root for both teams on each game I'll take a nap at some point as that has become my Sundays of late.
I hope everyone has a safe and fun day also.

Old 10-02-2005, 01:11 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Well, I have two plans...one is to take my bathrobe off and change in to my comfy sweats and head to the sofa for a day of tv watching and book reading...soup out of a can for lunch and pizza delivered for dinner.

Plan two... get up, take a shower, go to town and lay on the tanning bed, get my hair cut, skip lunch and make some type of real dinner.

I'm not sure which will happen.
Tonight I have to get ready for jury duty Monday morning..... :(
Old 10-02-2005, 01:14 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

play on this site, await membership to my dad's yahoo group so I can post a cartoon for him, maybe take a nap, or walk the dogs.

HH is watching another blowup, sci fi, or WW2 movie (can't tell, I'm not paying attention) and kid is out socializing,
Old 10-02-2005, 01:15 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
You built a fire?
I knew I'd get that reaction. It was 55 in my house when I got up, this house does not have good insulation. It feels like it's warmer outside, even if that's not the case. More than anything, a fire just sound really nice to me.

And PDS, both those options sound nice. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. Hopefully traffic won't be too bad, if you're going into Seattle.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:25 PM   #6
Master Chef

Well, Corazon, I just hope it gets cold enough this year to have a fire. Last winter I think we had one fire. I love when it's cold enough to do that. It makes it feel like Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have too many where it just doesn't give that feel and that keeps me out of the mood!
Old 10-02-2005, 01:40 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Well, I'm off to make my jam, I've spent enough time here already. But, I will probably be back as soon as I'm done.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:41 PM   #8
Master Chef

i need a nap. that's what i think i'll be doing for at least a liitle while today. then i'll just probably do what i do on lazy days: turn on my tv, turn on my music, get my candles and incense going, wait for my room to get all nice and comfy-cozy, then just hang out on the computer and half-listen to the tv. a bubble bath, too. i love bubble baths.
today i'm thinking croccantini, gingerale and maybe some cheese to snack on.
but right now i so need a nap.
i have a lot to do after today, so i need a relaxing day.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:57 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
I knew I'd get that reaction. It was 55 in my house when I got up, this house does not have good insulation. It feels like it's warmer outside, even if that's not the case. More than anything, a fire just sound really nice to me.

And PDS, both those options sound nice. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. Hopefully traffic won't be too bad, if you're going into Seattle.
Thanks, Paul decided to go hunting so... I'm going with plan A. Books and tv sound better than a hair cut.

I do have to go to Seattle... I have to be there by 8:00am though.. so traffic shouldn't be toooooo bad. I hope. Cross your fingers that they HATE me and send me home!!!
Old 10-02-2005, 02:40 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

pds, just tell them that you watch all those lawyer shows on TV and are now an expert on the law.

you will be back home in no time!