what is planned for this lazy sunday the 2nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
It's cold in the house this morning, so I just built a fire and made a cup of tea. Later on, I will make some raspberry jam and eventually take a shower. After Aidan takes his nap, we will head into town. I think we might go to the children's museum and then go by the firestation to visit DH while he's working. And since I made delicious brownies yesterday, I will probably munch on those throughout the day.

How 'bout you guys? Any big plans for today or a lazy day like mine? Whatever you decide to do, ENJOY THE DAY!:punk:

corazon90 said:
It's cold in the house this morning, so I just built a fire and made a cup of tea. Later on, I will make some raspberry jam and eventually take a shower. After Aidan takes his nap, we will head into town. I think we might go to the children's museum and then go by the firestation to visit DH while he's working. And since I made delicious brownies yesterday, I will probably munch on those throughout the day.

How 'bout you guys? Any big plans for today or a lazy day like mine? Whatever you decide to do, ENJOY THE DAY!:punk:

You built a fire?:ohmy: It's 85 here:)
I'll watch some football. Dallas doesn't play until 4:15 and since Pittsburgh has a bi-week, I guess I'll just root for both teams on each game:LOL: I'll take a nap at some point as that has become my Sundays of late.
I hope everyone has a safe and fun day also.

Well, I have two plans...one is to take my bathrobe off and change in to my comfy sweats and head to the sofa for a day of tv watching and book reading...soup out of a can for lunch and pizza delivered for dinner.

Plan two... get up, take a shower, go to town and lay on the tanning bed, get my hair cut, skip lunch and make some type of real dinner.

I'm not sure which will happen.
Tonight I have to get ready for jury duty Monday morning..... :(

play on this site, await membership to my dad's yahoo group so I can post a cartoon for him, maybe take a nap, or walk the dogs.

HH is watching another blowup, sci fi, or WW2 movie (can't tell, I'm not paying attention) and kid is out socializing,

texasgirl said:
You built a fire?:ohmy:

I knew I'd get that reaction. It was 55 in my house when I got up, this house does not have good insulation. It feels like it's warmer outside, even if that's not the case. More than anything, a fire just sound really nice to me.

And PDS, both those options sound nice. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. Hopefully traffic won't be too bad, if you're going into Seattle.

Well, Corazon, I just hope it gets cold enough this year to have a fire. Last winter I think we had one fire. I love when it's cold enough to do that. It makes it feel like Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have too many where it just doesn't give that feel and that keeps me out of the mood!

i need a nap. that's what i think i'll be doing for at least a liitle while today. then i'll just probably do what i do on lazy days: turn on my tv, turn on my music, get my candles and incense going, wait for my room to get all nice and comfy-cozy, then just hang out on the computer and half-listen to the tv. a bubble bath, too. i love bubble baths.
today i'm thinking croccantini, gingerale and maybe some cheese to snack on.
but right now i so need a nap.
i have a lot to do after today, so i need a relaxing day.

Last edited:
corazon90 said:
I knew I'd get that reaction. It was 55 in my house when I got up, this house does not have good insulation. It feels like it's warmer outside, even if that's not the case. More than anything, a fire just sound really nice to me.

And PDS, both those options sound nice. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. Hopefully traffic won't be too bad, if you're going into Seattle.

Thanks, Paul decided to go hunting so... I'm going with plan A. Books and tv sound better than a hair cut.

I do have to go to Seattle... I have to be there by 8:00am though.. so traffic shouldn't be toooooo bad. I hope. Cross your fingers that they HATE me and send me home!!!

pdswife said:
Thanks, Paul decided to go hunting so... I'm going with plan A. Books and tv sound better than a hair cut.

I do have to go to Seattle... I have to be there by 8:00am though.. so traffic shouldn't be toooooo bad. I hope. Cross your fingers that they HATE me and send me home!!!
Jury duty is the pits and right now it has DH foaming at the mouth..Tomorrow the other tech has jury duty and I've been called for the following monday...Great HUH???? MY luck is I sit there til 5 going from court room to court room, looking bored getting excused at 5 go home for two more years..what a pain...Now both girls have to pay extra for the kids to go to the sitter instead of here with me...or Take the day off from teaching, sure, that's a forget it...The last time I got picked it was for a drug dealer, who just sat and stared at us, while the bailiff, stood with gun drawn besides his brother 5 days of this and then MISTRIAL...I was so mad, I could have taked the courthouse apart nail by nail...Now, I make it my job to look as bored as possible and since the lawyers watch you when first seated in the box, I usually get let go...works most times...Hope you get sent home, wish me the same there Pds:LOL:
kadesma,

HH is off delivering daughter and friend to the movies. Betcha a dollar he's going to want to take a "nap" with me when he gets back.

LMAO!! Oh, this thread is fun to read. I'll add my two cents here.

We did church this morning, I made noodly noodly soup for lunch (whew! tough work!) then I did a quick grocery run and vacuumed the upstairs. Kid #1 is out walking the dog with DH, and kid #2 is raking the leaves. I am trying to convince them to go bike riding over to their Gramma's and then maybe I will go for a "nap" too. Heh heh heh.

Dinner is going to be leftovers as I go to yoga tonight and a heavy meal and yoga mean much pain for my belly!

It's not so easy with children around who can walk unassisted and open doors, is it, Alix?

Well, I have to admit being the loser on my bet- for now.

mudbug said:
pds, just tell them that you watch all those lawyer shows on TV and are now an expert on the law.

you will be back home in no time!

I'll do that!!
I also plan on Shouting "GUILTY" as I walk in the court room.:):):):)

kadesma said:
Jury duty is the pits and right now it has DH foaming at the mouth..Tomorrow the other tech has jury duty and I've been called for the following monday...Great HUH???? MY luck is I sit there til 5 going from court room to court room, looking bored getting excused at 5 go home for two more years..what a pain...Now both girls have to pay extra for the kids to go to the sitter instead of here with me...or Take the day off from teaching, sure, that's a forget it...The last time I got picked it was for a drug dealer, who just sat and stared at us, while the bailiff, stood with gun drawn besides his brother 5 days of this and then MISTRIAL...I was so mad, I could have taked the courthouse apart nail by nail...Now, I make it my job to look as bored as possible and since the lawyers watch you when first seated in the box, I usually get let go...works most times...Hope you get sent home, wish me the same there Pds:LOL:
kadesma,

My fingers are crossed that we both get sent home!
They say jury duty is random.. but... I'm not sure I believe it. This is the forth time I've been called.. and I have many friends who've never had the pleasure yet. Paul and I got notices with in a week of each other.. and everytime we've gone there's been someone else there that we know. KING county is huge how can we keep being picked???:mad::mad::mad:

i had to work from 7 a.m- 4 p.m.
but i only took a half hour lunch
so i left at 3:30. then i drove out
to my dad's cause it was his birthday
today and he had a clam bake.

happy birthday dad !!!

I just decided to have a nice relaxing day around the house. Got up at 8 am, made a pot of coffee. Had cereal for breakfast. Played fetch with the dog. Put laundry in the wash machine. Started watching the NASCAR Nextel Cup race at 10 am. Played around on the computer. Loaded the dishwasher. Baked chocolate chip banana cake. Made jambalaya for dinner. My kind of Sunday nothing to stressful. This is my last day of my vacation, so I decided that I was going to enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom