What is the best party favor you have ever received?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calya

Senior Cook
Since it is wedding season, I am curious to know what the best party favor others have received.
The best favor I received was from a wedding and it was a nice oil/vinegar bottle.

For a groomsman gift my boyfriend received a swiss army knife that had his name ingraved in it. He uses it quite often.

My good friend had candles on all the tables at her reception. They were set in glass candle holders. The one with your name on it was the one you got to take home with you.

I have receive a nice CD of Classical Music, Jar of hot pepper jelly with a cute note on it--which I don't remmenber what it said but it fit for the wedding and was a cute idea-- a small photo album (note saying-as we make our memories may you have many memories of your own), Just heard from a friend that attended a wedding and the couple figure that the item they were going to give out were around $5.00 With gas prices so High-- they went to a local Gas station and arrange to get $5.00 gift certificates and as they greeted Guests at the reception Handed each guest an envelope - Printed on the envelope was Thanks for coming to share our special day. It was a big hit. The gas station loved it as they left they stopped and used their gift certificate. I have also gotten picture frames, candy dishes, lil vases, a jar of cookie mix- (note saying-We're starting from scratch, please join us and make something Wonderful,) Had the lil recipe on it. Which were very good by the way. I have received many but Can't think of them all.
Just remenbered- a Baby Shower favor was a little tea cup and a tea bag. Note saying - We have something Brewing -won't you join us.

Last edited:
I've always liked the little silver picture frames.
One darling idea was little handpainted pots (really well done) with a package of "mystery seeds" inside. It was inexpensive, but such a thoughtful little gift to give, I think. All the seeds had something to do with "love".

It seems like all the weddings I've attended where they give out something with their name printed on it....divorce:ohmy:

My daughter is getting married in Oct. For favors, we decided to make a donation to the Hospice Home in my late mother's/her grandmother's honor. Each guest will have a small card that tells of the donation in her name.

Back
Top Bottom