What is the Job you REALLY want?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
amber said:
Very interesting. I like to dance and write. I went to school (university) for education, yes practical, but I regret it. I should have stuck with dancing and writing. But, there is still time!

That's exactly what I meant by regretting my choices later. I don't want to look back and wish I'd done something differently. Everyone tells me to take advantage of my youth and to follow my heart, but it seems people are just as quick to emphasize the importance of getting myself on the road to a stable, dependable job as early as I can. Right now I've settled somewhere in the middle. I'm working my butt off with this double major, but I also take yoga, dance, and pilates 5 days a week so I don't lose the ability to dance if I ever want to go back. I've also kept writing, though not nearly as much as I'd like. Oh well! Such are the realities of college life. Overall I'm glad to have so many opportunities laid out.

I'd like to be a planet, not sure where I'd apply for this kinda gig but you can bet your bottom dollar I'll find out. All of my jobs have been great. I always looked for something I loved enough to do for nothing and then figured out a way to get paid for it. It's worked really great, I've had a ball! :cool:

Anything that I can set my own hours and that can be done at the comfort of my own house...

When I was in customer service biz, I often wished I could have been a lighthouse keeper, this way I will be left in peace all day with no one pestering, interrupting ang getting on my nerves in general...

I'd like my stay-at-home mom job again. Working full time and taking care of full time chores at home with 3 kids and a husband is more than I can handle. I'm staying as a substitute teacher next year, at home with my 4 year old and will begin working on my first degree, fashion designing, out of the house. When I retire, I would like to live by the ocean with my husband and paint as my hobby.

Good luck to you all with you dream jobs! I hope every wish comes true for you.

Oh my dream job.....here is my list of dream jobs

*restaurant critic
*pastry chef
*own a B&B in the mountains or in the islands
*write a food column in a magazine - make good money and do little work, but all food related
*own a doggie day care, I'm thinking the name "Chateau Bow-Wow"

i pretty much have my dream job: i'm a veterinarian for research animals. i get to do cool cutting edge things (like hang out in a biohazard suite, Michelemarie, ask me about being a microbiologist, ha!), and i feel that i actually make a difference.

i'm right there with Sierra...alternate life would most practically involve a bookstore. i love doing artistic stuff (though i was certainly never a pro, i miss dancing too!), but i don't like the stress of trying to get *paid* for it.

and Toots, if ya do it right, doggie day care is VERY lucrative!

btw, sushi, did you ever get around to telling us what YOUR dream job is??

CherryRed said:
That's exactly what I meant by regretting my choices later. I don't want to look back and wish I'd done something differently. Everyone tells me to take advantage of my youth and to follow my heart, but it seems people are just as quick to emphasize the importance of getting myself on the road to a stable, dependable job as early as I can. Right now I've settled somewhere in the middle. I'm working my butt off with this double major, but I also take yoga, dance, and pilates 5 days a week so I don't lose the ability to dance if I ever want to go back. I've also kept writing, though not nearly as much as I'd like. Oh well! Such are the realities of college life. Overall I'm glad to have so many opportunities laid out.

If you dont want to look back and regret, then go with your heart! Just because your heart may not seem like a stable lifestyle, does not mean it wont end up that way :)

amber said:
If you dont want to look back and regret, then go with your heart! Just because your heart may not seem like a stable lifestyle, does not mean it wont end up that way :)

Regrets are the things you passed up that were really bad and led you in the wrong direction. You never visualize all the bad things that went with it and that unfinished business becomes a regret.

Back
Top Bottom