"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #31
Sous Chef

I like your paint color, Jeeks.

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #32
Head Chef

I don't know if you would call it strange - more of a conversation piece. I have a mini shopping cart filled with fake eggs on my kitchen counter. Used to toss a fake egg at folks & say "Catch" just to see their reaction. I put fruit in it to ripen, or fill it with folded dish towels.

Old 05-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoKaren View Post
Jeekinz, are you married? When I moved in with my DH, he had a tile saw in the kitchen and the drawers were full of tools. He would have had his motorcycle in there if it had fit....
HEY! I wear the friggin pants.

LOL

Yes, married. But the DW gets where I'm coming from. Even holds the door open for me when I bring my bikes inside.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #34
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to Adillo303
Um, let's see. In the present kitchen, Gasket material fro a boiler. Ultrasonic carpenters measure (Turn it in adn run the red dot across the floor and watsh the dogs chase it), 5 clips off leashes that Liam has chewed (His best time is less than a second), a dorbell button and the numbers that the police wanted on the outside fothe house tow years ago.

I can't top Jeeks bike, but, in a former life (Marriage) I rebuilt a Volkswagen engine in the kitchen, caue, it was 10 below outside and it blew. Yes! the DW helped me carry it in and helped iwth the rebuild, but, those are campfire stories.

AC
Old 05-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #35
Executive Chef

LOL Adillo.

Alright, the bike was a joke, but here's some nice photography I have on display. The looks on peoples faces when they first see it is classic. Other than that, my kitchen is pretty Abby Normal.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:44 PM   #36
Sous Chef

I can see why you would notice unusual looks on people's faces. You'd probably get a kick if you saw my face when I saw your photos. I like the paint color...I don't like the artwork so much --no offense.

B'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #37
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
Does this count as weird?

Looks right at home to me.

Wife was adamant about my not bringing my Virago in the house during the winter. No garage so it slept under a tarp. I was not happy.

The last winter or two I had the Virago I brought it into the house. First time Baby came in the house Wife was not happy. Wife wanted to make an issue. I put the front tire in a corner of the living room and caught second gear in a burnout. Shut her down, said Baby marked her Territory, and theres more chance of you sleeping under the tarp than Baby. Took weeks for the smell of burnt rubber to clear out.

Wife spent the first 5 years of our marriage cursing my bike and the last ten years lamenting her passing.

She now keeps a picture of Baby in the living room on the wall of her work area.

Oddest thing in my kitchen? Babys side case, shifter assembly, flywheel, their on their way to eBay.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:26 PM   #38
Executive Chef

I have this and the voodoo doll tooth pick holder
The Ex 5 - Pc. Cutlery Set, Red, Food & Food Prep, Brand Not Specified at Sportsman's Guide
Old 05-22-2008, 01:41 PM   #39
Master Chef

My DW ... shhhh
Old 05-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #40
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wart View Post
Wife was adamant about my not bringing my Virago in the house during the winter. No garage so it slept under a tarp. I was not happy.

Just say "Ok...then YOU polish it when it gets dirty."