"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-15-2008, 08:22 AM   #71
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleenex View Post
They have TV comercials???? Never seen them in the area I live in.
No! Horrific radio commercials played repeatedly at least twice an hour. It's awful.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #72
Master Chef

Do you get lawyer commercials in your area???? "Jim Adler---the smart lawyer who will fight for you and get you every dime that you deserve..........I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO sick of them"........my mute button is just about worn out.......I have never heard any commercials for pizza in our area...I guess they don't need to and now they don't even give out coupons or have free delivery.....

Old 01-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #73
Sous Chef

Worst Pizza I ever had was definately last week. We ordered a Pepperoni, they deliver a cheese pizza instead, the dough was soggy, undercooked and there was almost zero sauce, which wasn't good anyway. It was a total disappointment, I had to saute pepperoni and drizzle some extra sauce I had laying around just to make it edible.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #74
Executive Chef

Well, I think it's all about where you grow up, and what kind of pizza you grew up eating.

I grew up in the Tulsa area of OK. Mazzio's (and Ken's, same company, really) is really big here. That's what I grew up eating, and what I prefer. I like their sauce. Most of their crusts are fine, be it thick, thin, medium, etc.

I've never been a really big fan of Domino's, although that's what PeppA usually orders. When we lived in Jackson, MI, for a few years (that's where she's from), she also liked Andy's Pizza. I wasn't that impressed with it. All toppings on top of the cheese, on a medium whole-wheat crust. It was really hard for me to get a decent "bite" out of it without resorting to a fork. The taste was OK.

I'm not a big fan of Poppa John's either. Pizza Hut is OK, but greasy. I haven't had Little Caesar's in a long time. Simple Simon's used to be the big "cheap" pizzeria chain here, but they've largely gone the way of the Doe-doe. My family, and some friends, have told me of a new locally-owned chain called "Cheesy's", which is supposedly rather good, and, dirt-cheap. I haven't tried them yet, so I don't know for sure.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:58 PM   #75
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Imho, the only chain pizza that is decent-to-good is Bertucci's, and that's a limited, regional chain. I hope they don't plan any more expansion, because it seems with expansion comes loss of quality...
Old 01-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #76
Executive Chef

I like straight forward, easy, not much muss or fuss pizza.
The thin crust, tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, and tons of it, or not, and basil.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:56 AM   #77
Assistant Cook

I once ordered a pizza with meat but by some mistake I got a pizza with shrimps and other seafood.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:55 PM   #78
Chef Extraordinaire

going with puck

we have roundtable pizza here , and i like it the best. never really ate much of any other.

for frozen, only wolf gang puck pizzia, they are small, expensive and wonder ful.

babe
Old 01-25-2008, 09:08 PM   #79
Master Chef

I love all pizza, just can't help myself. The best is homemade, followed by Uno's, Lumalnati's, and Dewey's. The worst are the cheap frozen ones and Little Ceasars.

Um, I love Hawaiian Pizza... guess that makes me wierd huh
Old 01-25-2008, 09:56 PM   #80
Master Chef

if you mean with pineapple--no you're not but I'll take the other half that doesn't have it--it's my dil's favorite so we compromise.........hahaha