What is the worst pizza you have had?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elf

Senior Cook
I came across the Thread from 04 while looking for something else. I thought it would be interesting to see how tings have or have not changed. Mine are Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, Domino's and Pizza Boli

Pizzerias by me are excellent. The cookie cutter's like Pizza Hut/Dominos are just disgusting. I have a very keen palate when it come to my circular friend. I can only eat pizza from Jersey.

Oh....and sausage should actually look like sausage and not little brown pellets.

This may anger a few, but the worse I ever had was in New York City. And, yes, I tried them all over N.Y. I lived there a year.
I couldn't believe they called that cardboard, with no toppings... pizza. In their defense, I'll note that I was raised on California pizza which is very different. And perhaps, my expectations were too high since I had heard how great N.Y. pizza was. But, on reflection...it was really bad.

What's wrong with pizza in england. I was in London last summer and went to some pizza restaurant close to Westminister and it was a small restaurant which was packed with people. I am assuming redkitty is referring to chain pizza places which I did not see many while I was there.

The pizza were brick oven and delish. They were small not like the huge ones in the states and the ingredients were fresh and the flavor was amazing.

I don't like Little Ceasers. It's a joke and not a pizza. I like Pizza Hut but only their thin crust pizza and especially their Buffalo chicken pizza when they offer it. I am not a huge fan of pan or pie pizzas. I can never even finish even one slice.

The pizza's I do like (These are in Chicago) are:

Rosatis
California Pizza Kitchen - Chain all accross America and I enjoy their thai chicken pizza and some others like carne asada and shrimp pizza
Lou Malinattis - Their crust is made out of butter and is really good
Edwardos - This is the only pan I like especially the one made out of spinach
Jersey's Pizza (A new restaurant that opened near my place)
Gioridanos, Ginos East and Unos are alright more hyped but I like Edwardos better

Come to Kazakhstan--then you'll have an inkling.......their idea of a good pizza is a mamby pamby crust with half-hearted toppings and the cheese is so greasy,,,,,,,it hurts........but it's the best that they have to offer.....so far no foreign pizza places or MacDonalds or american fast food places have had the nerve or tenge (local currency) to enter.......maybe a good idea or not who knows.......... but I've learned to make a good pizza via the kitchen oven......and friends like them......the best pizza that we ever had was in Rome, Italy, at a little hole in the wall place.....Da Baffetto's, and at 6:30pm there was a long line and they opened at 7pm......the chef would NOT let me take his photo but I did get a shot of all the wood piled under the brick oven

Worst pizza crust is that thin stuff that taste like triscuit crackers. I hate those cheap frozen pizzas with the artificial meat/soy or flour or something??? Stale moz cheese that really doesn't melt. Finding soggy pepperoni under the sauce and cheese...Yuk! Pizza cut into little squares. Personal Pan Pizza that is served in the little black greasy skillet.

Pizza coupons 2 for 1 and only one topping. Ordering two med pizza for $20 and adding a $1.98 order of breadsticks and getting charged $32.

Finding hog roasted meat on the pizza instead of ham. Canadian Bacon is not the same as bologna. Summer sausage is not pepperoni. Bread crumbs is not the same as extra cheese topping. Manwich is not pizza sauce. Pizza dough is not made from biscuit mix.

I don't like any of the chain pizza places or any frozen store-bought pizza so far. So we stick to the mom & pop type joints. However the worst we ever had was at a small, family-owned Italian restaurant where we ordered a bacon topped pizza which we normally love (as long as the bacon is crispy). This particular one had half-cooked bacon, really rubbery and the grease from the bacon was swimming around with the grease from the cheese, the crust was soggy and dripping. We didn't eat it and never went there again!

you nailed it on the head Tat .. its like eating cardboard ...
horrid stuff ..
also the barbecue chix one at chuck e cheese .. inedible ..

Sorta agree with jeninga - most pizza has something to recommend it.

Grew up, OK was weaned, on NYC pizza and it is one of my few excuses for going back to the place. Ambrosia. Boston piizza, South end, is second.

But as far as bad goes, frozen pizza. Used to keep one around for desperate times but no more. If there is a good one would be willing to give it a try.

And refuse to go to Pizza Hut - maybe they have improved their product in 25 years. That was the last time I was there. Had a recent report from someone whose opinion on pizza I trust greatly and it was apparently a dismal pie.

Domino's is the only place that delivers out where we are so when we get home from a long trip and just crave some pizza will sometimes call. But when not sleepy and under the influence would not consider the stuff.

Where we live will usually only get pizza at local places. Some make a very decent pie - not inspired - but darned good. A heck of a lot better than the chains.

Worst pizza crust is that thin stuff that taste like triscuit crackers. I hate those cheap frozen pizzas with the artificial meat/soy or flour or something??? Stale moz cheese that really doesn't melt. Finding soggy pepperoni under the sauce and cheese...Yuk! Pizza cut into little squares. Personal Pan Pizza that is served in the little black greasy skillet.

Pizza coupons 2 for 1 and only one topping. Ordering two med pizza for $20 and adding a $1.98 order of breadsticks and getting charged $32.

Finding hog roasted meat on the pizza instead of ham. Canadian Bacon is not the same as bologna. Summer sausage is not pepperoni. Bread crumbs is not the same as extra cheese topping. Manwich is not pizza sauce. Pizza dough is not made from biscuit mix.
You said it all StirBlue
Couldn't agree more!

Mine is any of the four pizza shops in my dinky town :mad: I don't know how people can say they are good. And three of them cost a fortune! The fourth is Little Sneezers and if I want a pizza, that's where I go :wacko:

I drive 25 minutes both ways when I want a real pizza.

There's no such thing as a bad pizza :cool:

Oh, yeah there is! I'm not sure what city it was in but it was within about a 30-minute drive from U. Mass at Lowell. I don't remember the name of the place but it should have been called "Montezuma's Revenge Pizza" and the box should have included both the skull-n-crossbones poison logo, and the one for biohazard! And, a coupon for a large bottle of Kaopectate :LOL:

As I remember it ... it was a large (16-18 inch) crust with about 3-4 tablespoons sauce - topped with about a pound of slivered white onions and slightly less sliced green bell peppers - topped with about 1/4 cup mozzarella. The crust was barely done, the cheese was just melted, the onions and peppers were slightly warm but totally raw.

But, then to salvage the reputation of MA - two of the best pizzas I ever had were in MA ... one in Boston in the little Italy area, and a seafood pizza in another unknown town somewhere near Lowell.

These days I'm lucky - I've got a place just down the street run by two Italian brothers from Brooklyn - and they deliver!

Last edited:
Hands down worst ever was Papa Johns and they don't even attempt to correct it. I mean, most places at least try and fix mistakes. Not Papa Johns. I guess they figure there are enough people in our town they don't need repeat business. What seriously peeved me off was that I live less than 10 minutes away but the driver had orders for "The Pointe" (aka the rich section of town) 30 minutes away. Rather than delivering mine on the way to The Pointe, he waited and delivered mine last. Totally jacked up. Three years and I still haven't ordered from them again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom