"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 01-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #1
Senior Cook
What is the worst pizza you have had?

I came across the Thread from 04 while looking for something else. I thought it would be interesting to see how tings have or have not changed. Mine are Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, Domino's and Pizza Boli

Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:33 PM   #2
Sous Chef
There's no such thing as a bad pizza

If you ate pasta and antipasto, would you still be hungry? ~Author Unknown
jeninga75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #3
Head Chef
George's, somewhere near Surbridge Mass.
There was another place near Point Sebago Maine that was a close second.
larry_stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:48 PM   #4
Executive Chef
Pizzerias by me are excellent. The cookie cutter's like Pizza Hut/Dominos are just disgusting. I have a very keen palate when it come to my circular friend. I can only eat pizza from Jersey.

Oh....and sausage should actually look like sausage and not little brown pellets.
Jeekinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
Executive Chef
Originally Posted by jeninga75 View Post
There's no such thing as a bad pizza
You obviously have not had pizza in England!!!!!! Most pizza here is awful except for one place that is a bit far from our house and does not deliver!
Accentuate the positives, medicate the negatives ~ Amy Sedaris
redkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
This may anger a few, but the worse I ever had was in New York City. And, yes, I tried them all over N.Y. I lived there a year.
I couldn't believe they called that cardboard, with no toppings... pizza. In their defense, I'll note that I was raised on California pizza which is very different. And perhaps, my expectations were too high since I had heard how great N.Y. pizza was. But, on reflection...it was really bad.
itzalgud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:40 PM   #7
Head Chef
What's wrong with pizza in england. I was in London last summer and went to some pizza restaurant close to Westminister and it was a small restaurant which was packed with people. I am assuming redkitty is referring to chain pizza places which I did not see many while I was there.

The pizza were brick oven and delish. They were small not like the huge ones in the states and the ingredients were fresh and the flavor was amazing.

I don't like Little Ceasers. It's a joke and not a pizza. I like Pizza Hut but only their thin crust pizza and especially their Buffalo chicken pizza when they offer it. I am not a huge fan of pan or pie pizzas. I can never even finish even one slice.

The pizza's I do like (These are in Chicago) are:

California Pizza Kitchen - Chain all accross America and I enjoy their thai chicken pizza and some others like carne asada and shrimp pizza
Lou Malinattis - Their crust is made out of butter and is really good
Edwardos - This is the only pan I like especially the one made out of spinach
Jersey's Pizza (A new restaurant that opened near my place)
Gioridanos, Ginos East and Unos are alright more hyped but I like Edwardos better
Yakuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:56 PM   #8
Master Chef
Come to Kazakhstan--then you'll have an inkling.......their idea of a good pizza is a mamby pamby crust with half-hearted toppings and the cheese is so greasy,,,,,,,it hurts........but it's the best that they have to offer.....so far no foreign pizza places or MacDonalds or american fast food places have had the nerve or tenge (local currency) to enter.......maybe a good idea or not who knows.......... but I've learned to make a good pizza via the kitchen oven......and friends like them......the best pizza that we ever had was in Rome, Italy, at a little hole in the wall place.....Da Baffetto's, and at 6:30pm there was a long line and they opened at 7pm......the chef would NOT let me take his photo but I did get a shot of all the wood piled under the brick oven
The only difference between a "cook" and a "Chef" is who cleans up the kitchen.
expatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #9
Head Chef
Worst pizza crust is that thin stuff that taste like triscuit crackers. I hate those cheap frozen pizzas with the artificial meat/soy or flour or something??? Stale moz cheese that really doesn't melt. Finding soggy pepperoni under the sauce and cheese...Yuk! Pizza cut into little squares. Personal Pan Pizza that is served in the little black greasy skillet.

Pizza coupons 2 for 1 and only one topping. Ordering two med pizza for $20 and adding a $1.98 order of breadsticks and getting charged $32.

Finding hog roasted meat on the pizza instead of ham. Canadian Bacon is not the same as bologna. Summer sausage is not pepperoni. Bread crumbs is not the same as extra cheese topping. Manwich is not pizza sauce. Pizza dough is not made from biscuit mix.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --- Thomas Edison
StirBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #10
The Dude Abides
Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Hampton Roads: Chanellos

Honestly, I think that is the only bad pie I have ever had.

TATTRAT is offline   Reply With Quote