What is Valentines Day to YOU?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is Valentines Day to YOU?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(PS - Sush, when a woman loves a man, she doesn't need gifts! A handwritten card is always the very best gift of all)

Tell her to get a job Sush:LOL: Really,caring about someone is not about what you can GET!!!It's about what YOU can give..Hugs, kisses, comfort, laughter, safety, the ease of knowing someone cares only for you... Keep looking, that special someone will grab ya up.

kadesma:)

DH and I don't make a big deal out of today with each other..We do go out to dinner but, it's with friends and it's because we love being with them..What we do, do is go hog wild with the grandkids..Valentines day is for sweet little children or for those it really means a lot to..We also made a big deal out of it for mom, I took her to get her hair done, then out to lunch, got her a pretty card, candy and roses..At turning 90 in April, she deserves it. For us, the fun is in making the ones we loves ohhh ahh and smile..

jkath said:
I couldn't have said it better, kadesma! Bingo!
Thanks jkath, it really gets me when others just take and take and then ask for more Arghh

I really not that thrilled with Valentine's Day. People should show that they care for each other throughout the year just not on one particular day. My family keeps it pretty low key. We usually make each other some cookies or other treat. My dad gets my mom flowers. My mom makes them something nice for dinner.

Everyone's thoughts on Valentine's Day almost had me feeling guilty since we did make kind of a big deal of it this year. But then I got to thinking. I was alone for over 20 years. Not so much as a single date. Now I have a very romantic husband, who is the first man to ever buy me flowers, and who really gets into Valentine's Day, so I definitely do feel good about it. Now, if he only paid attention to me on Valentine's Day, of course Valentine's Day wouldn't mean anything, no matter how many flowers he got me, or candy, or taking me out to dinner. James does sweet wonderful things for me all the time though, so I can only feel happy that he did so much for me today (I got him a big card and a box of chocolates). In fact, not only did he give me flowers, balloons, candy, a Bless this Home plaque, and take me out to dinner, but he bought flowers and candy for both of our daughters and my sister, and candy for our grandkids. I feel very blessed to have James, and I know that he would do the same any day of the year--not just for Valentine's Day. :wub:

:) Barbara

Barb,
don't you dare feel guilty..You've got the very best and so does James..Valentines day is for those who enjoy it, seems to me you have valentines day year round you lucky girl you..:LOL: Like I said, we go out to dinner and our fun is doing for the ones we love, the kids and my mom..So I'd say were pretty lucky with nothing to feel guilty about..

I am so Lucky to have Barbara, She is a Queen, So I can't be anything other than a Knight :cool:.
My Mother's favorite thing was when we would go to the woods and get wild flowers for her. It's not about the Money and Never should be. True Love is not being made to do something, Its about doing something not expected from the Heart. I wish all of you the very most out of Life. And Please believe me when, I say we Really do Love all of you. Never think you are not Loved because You really are. My Love Goes Out to you all. Love really comes from the Heart and given from the Heart not from the 5 and Dime store or any Mart or Flower Shop. It shouldn't cost a penny but at the same time it should be Priceless. May you all Feel the Love I have for you, For you are My Family. Love James :chef:
I found my Treasure with Barbara our Familys and here on DC with all our Friends
2.gif
:cool:

I know what you mean James. It's just nice to receive something on that one day, when you don't have the kind of husband that Barbara does and get to see that love everyday.

I did actually get something. DH bought me a candle that is in a nice wine glass with a silk rose attached by a white ribbon and a tiny red heart in the center of the bow.

Back
Top Bottom