What is Valentines Day to YOU?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is Valentines Day to YOU?!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
valentine's day to me is a test, like a midterm, between christmas and spring birthdays, or easter. i think all guys know what i'm talking about. if you fail this one, gettin' to the finals doesn't look promising.

I'll be honest with you, I didn't feel up to it this week. But you know what? Once i sat down at a favorite spot, had a drink, and started thinking about dinner, it all worked. Hubby had made reservations at our favorite restaurant, and since we go there often, we had the best table in the house. We discussed life and love with friends at the bar first, and were treated like royalty. There was one question I do have, though. There were a few families in line waiting to get in ... with young children (under 10). My question is this. If you are going out on one of the busiest restaurant days of the year, the day you are trying to spark romance, be it a new one or put more life into an old one .... kids? I'm sorry if I'm out of line here, but take your children out on the 13th or the 15th. These kids were well-behaved, decently turned out, etc. But .... just doesn't fit. My favorite group, were, though, a group of elderly widows who were treating each other to a night of romance. The children were just bored and would, I suspect, preferred to be at the chain pizza joint outside of town.

I agree about the kids Claire... I like kids but... really like to have my romanic dinners with out having to hear or watch bored children.

Back
Top Bottom