What is your Ace in the Hole Browser?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use IE for my work computer, I am a computer consultant, and I believe that I should be using what my customers are using so that I can better help them. For my "Play" computers, I use Firefox almost exclusively. I really like it. I also have Google Chrome loaded. It seems nice, I don't have enough experrience yet to give a good review. i don't have opera anywhere, but I understand from some associates that use it that it ia a good browser.

Ah! the MAC wars - I use a PC, because I do it for a living. The number of installed desktops is far greater than any other hardware. When the installed base of hardware and the variety of software available for the MAC equals that of the PC, then we will see if it is as stable as it is now.

I see the installed base growing, I do not see the availability of applications growing as quickly. I am considering a MAC to sharpen my skills as their installed base grows. Of course with he growth of browser based applications MAC may well be able to grow at an even faster rate.

I am not trying to start a war here or take a swipe an anyone's feelings. I am just saying that making a living from servicing computers is decidedly different than your personal desktop.

Best of the day.

AC

Oh! Just a note for MAC users. From what I have learned there is something called "Boot Camp" that lets your MAC boot up in Windows. There are also "Virtual" solutions that let you have a windows window open while running MAC O/S. As GB said, if you do this you should have A?V software loaded in the windows window, or you guld give your MAC a windows virus.

Weird huh?

AC

Maidrite - nice system.

AC

GB finally convinced me to try Firefox a little over a year ago and I haven't looked back. I only had one hiccup with Firefox and it was brief. I haven't heard of Google Chrome, but if I ever needed to switch I think I'd look into that.

Ken still used IE up until the last couple of weeks when the big scare came down. Now I think he has converted to a FF user.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom