What is your Ace in the Hole Browser?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maidrite

Contest Winner
Over the years I have found having a backup browser is a good idea in case the one you use isn't working. Yes I still use Internet Explorer but not as much as I use to. Alot of you use FireFox, which is ok but I really like to use Opera 9.63. I have had fewer problems with it than the others, but you should keep a extra one ready just in case. You will find you can fix alot of your own problems on your own if you do this. I hope this tip will help you out in some way. Happy New Year James:cool:

I am a Firefox user, but when I need a different browser for whatever reason I now use Safari since I am on a Mac. Firefox works 99.999% of the time for me though so I almost never need Safari.

My main is Firefox, my back up to be used only in extreme emergencies where nothing else will work and I really am that desperate to get on the net is IE.
I have yet to be that desperate, or for that matter to have a problem with Firefox.

On my Mac, I like Firefox. I do not have any problems with it, so I'll leave well-enough alone for now. For you PC folks, I extend my condolences. Instability appears to be the only constant for your systems. You would think with all the time they have had to get it right, that they would have come close by now. Must be an "internal problem."

That could be right Joe and If MAC would just make all the software I need for work, I would join you all with a MAC. Most people would use MACs then. PC's and MAC's both have strong and weak points. By the way IE 8 is a big problem now go figure. Anyway we are getting some great chat here.
On my Mac, I like Firefox. I do not have any problems with it, so I'll leave well-enough alone for now. For you PC folks, I extend my condolences. Instability appears to be the only constant for your systems. You would think with all the time they have had to get it right, that they would have come close by now. Must be an "internal problem."

For you PC folks, I extend my condolences. Instability appears to be the only constant for your systems. You would think with all the time they have had to get it right, that they would have come close by now. Must be an "internal problem."
My last computer was a PC and other than old age problems I really did not have any issues. The computer worked great actually and I got 7 (I think) years out of it. Not bad for a computer.

Since I have switched to Mac I have spent a lot of time on various Mac forums. Let me assure you that PC's are not the only computers to have problems. Mac certainly has their share. So far I have not experienced any, but there are plenty of people out that that have.

If MAC would just make all the software I need work I would join you all with a MAC. Most people would use MACs then.
Do not forget that you can now run windows on Mac's so if there is a program that you need that does not have a comparable Mac version (which is quite rare now, but I know there are some that you would need James that Mac could not help with) then you can just load windows on your Mac and run that program. Of course the Mac will cost much more than a PC of similar specs so that will keep a lot of people from switching too.

I am still working on this Quad Core 64 bit system I am running 8GB of ram and it to is still a work in progress. I LOVE IT AND HATE IT BOTH RIGHT NOW but she does move at Warp factor 9.9

Do not forget that you can now run windows on Mac's so if there is a program that you need that does not have a comparable Mac version (which is quite rare now, but I know there are some that you would need James that Mac could not help with) then you can just load windows on your Mac and run that program. Of course the Mac will cost much more than a PC of similar specs so that will keep a lot of people from switching too.

I run virtual windows on my Mac and run my AutoCAD program with no problems. One machine, two platforms. I just NEVER open a browser when in the Windows environment. Way too many bad memories come back...:LOL: I guess I was one of those unfortunate people who would do a Windows upgrade or patch, then kick myself in the pants for all the problems it brought on. Six years on a G5 and MacBook without a hiccup. Lucky me:LOL:

I do like MAC's I will admit and I do like to drop and drag. Maybe my next Laptop will be a MAC.
I am kicking the tires on Solidworks and MasterCam to get certified in them too.

Back
Top Bottom