What is your "Best Gift Idea Ever?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The best gift idea ever that I had, has come back to be a gift for me.

When Dad came to live with us four years ago I brought all his pictures with us and hid them because he had wanted to just get rid of them (there were about 30 albums from my parents trips, our growing up, etc.). I knew this was partly his dementia talking and he did manage to get rid of a few cruise albums but I hand lots to work with. I spent hours after he went to bed and I was waiting for TB to come home from work scanning the more meaningful shots.

My sister, TB and I got Dad a digital picture frame and loaded it up with all of the pictures and since it also took audio, a great cross-section of his favourite music.

He loved this and when he was in hospital or convalescence, it would go with him. In the end when he couldn't see much, he would listen to the music and it seemed to sooth him.

Now that he is gone, I have the frame. I bought one for my sister and copied everything over to it so we have the exact same ones. It is great to hear the big band sounds and see all the pictures of our parents' and our lives.

As others have said, memories are the greatest gifts.

That's pretty cool they had the same idea, RDawg.

Nice gift of the pictures, CG.

I agree on the memories.

pac, you need to sleep in a little later. I didn't do anything with pictures. That compliment goes to either CarolPa (CP) or LP. Even if I had a great idea like that I still wouldn't have the ambition. ;)

pac, you need to sleep in a little later. I didn't do anything with pictures. That compliment goes to either CarolPa (CP) or LP. Even if I had a great idea like that I still wouldn't have the ambition. ;)

oops, that would be Carol.
I almost did that the other day, too, saw either your or Carol's post, read several more and then replied from memory, but I caught myself and daaaable checked ;)

My brother's second wife was really bad at giving christmas gifts, it was very obvious that she gave no thought to what she was giving, and just felt the need to go through the motions, she had no good family memories of christmas. After a few years with our family, she finally got the hang of it! One year for my siblings and me, she gathered every family photo album that she could find and scanned every picture and put on CDs. This is one of my favorite gifts of all time, this was over 10 years ago, and I still have the disks, and have uploaded all of the photos to my cloud album.

One year my dad was out of work, he built me a computer table in a friend's workshop. We spent the day after christmas, staining and finishing it.

Almost 29 years ago (12/27/13 will be THE day) Shrek gave me a ring for my left hand. Best gift EVAR!

Almost 29 years ago (12/27/13 will be THE day) Shrek gave me a ring for my left hand. Best gift EVAR!

main-thumb-t-8762-50-xjPOswuVFn5ZplI8yJx4s1Zii1rnCXiS.jpeg
:LOL:

Congrats to you two kids. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom