What is your Christmas theme?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Do you have a Theme for your tree and other decorations?
Up until last year, mine was a collection of oddball stuff that my boys made since kindergarten until 5th grade and things that I grew up with. So, now that the boys are grown, I went to changing things last year. Now I have snowmen and snowflakes everywhere. My colors scheme is, can you guess?:LOL: Blue and white. Except for one little thing. I forgot to get a new angel for the top, so, she is still green velvet with gold trim. Oh well, maybe I'll find a new one this year.
What is yours?

Mine is mostly odd ball stuff that the kids have made & that I've collected over the years. I'd like to have a tree in all silver & white though.

I seem to cut back a little each year. We have an artificial tree and it reached the ceiling. We are now down to the top three sections. Last year I decorated it mostly with small antique toys and a few scenic crystal balls. This year, who knows. I may use just the top section and put it on a table. Christmas is very different when the kids grow up and the grandkids may not be around. We are celebrating Thanksgiving with all of our family so won't see them at Christmas. But, that is ok. We don't expect to monopolize their holidays. They are 10 hours away so we don't travel a lot on holidays.

I collect snowmen. I have quite a few. I even keep a few favorites out year round. If we get a tree this year ( if we go to Oregon we won't) I'll decorate it in a mixture of snowmen, snow flakes, stuff David made at school and home made decorations from family and friends. The snowmen will come out no matter where we are for Christmas. :)

Keeping with the restaurants purple theme..our tree is done with purple bows and purple balls...and lots of little white lights.

I always have a real tree and the baubles are silver, gold and deep blue, with white lights and a gorgeous 'Angel' that I bought in Harrod's about 10 years ago. She is beautiful.:mrgreen:

kleenex said:
Nothing but lights and Garfield the Cat Christmas Ornaments.
My mom was a garfield freak:LOL: She always garfield stuff all over, books, stuffed animals, knick knacks:)

I dont collect anything for christmas,but i do collect dolphins.

for real? how big is the tank? geez, ever since i got to pet and feed one at seaworld, i've benn bugging my parents for a dolphin.

they're in their 80's now and are really getting tired of hearing about it...:-p

my house's christmas theme is usually "gimme, gimme, gimme"...
ya know, a good christian holiday.

buckytom said:
for real? how big is the tank? geez, ever since i got to pet and feed one at seaworld, i've benn bugging my parents for a dolphin.

they're in their 80's now and are really getting tired of hearing about it...:-p

You are such a nut, bucky:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

buckytom said:

LOL... You're so silly!:):)

for real? how big is the tank? geez, ever since i got to pet and feed one at seaworld, i've benn bugging my parents for a dolphin

wow bucky... you sound just like me !!!!!!
with that and a horse !!

texasgirl said:
My mom was a garfield freak:LOL: She always garfield stuff all over, books, stuffed animals, knick knacks:)

To the right person garfield collectibles can bring in some cash.

The guiness world record holder has over eight thousand garfield collectibles.

kleenex said:
To the right person garfield collectibles can bring in some cash.

The guiness world record holder has over eight thousand garfield collectibles.

WOW, now THAT is a garfield freak!!!:ohmy:

I'm an angel person so my tree has white lightes, silver baubles, crystal icecicles, silver beads, and angels, mirrored balls, In other words, everything is crystal, silver with touches of gold and the angels. My top for the tree is a large angel in antique gold..There are several ornaments that my dad gave me I cannot part with so they are always up front on the tree, all 10 of them in gold... the whole hose gets dressed up for Christmas even the powder rooms with small Christmas trees and battery lights...The grandkids love it, the kids love it and I do too :LOL: My only vice is more crystal, silver ornaments and another angel of two each year..This tree must weigh a ton:)
kadesma

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom