What is your favorite dollar store item?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pottted meat. i eat it shamelessly & so does my Grandfather. we love it. bring on those saltines!

I buy plates and bowls for pot lucks. The last thing I purchased was pizza pans. They came in a package, 2-3 for a dollar. I used the pans for appetizers to take to a buffet.

I always have an eye out for wine glasses. A couple of times in the past guests have broken some nice glasses and felt miserable. Now if a glass breaks, I tell them truthfully, the glasses came from the dollar store and I buy them by the dozen.

I haven't been to a dollar store in at least 15 years.
I bought my first kitchen towels there, so maybe thats my favorite item? I still have them, they are now my favorite floor rags. :)

gift bags- and dishes-
their dishes are nice when you have to take a dish somewhere, then just leave it, no worries to get it returned.
I brought 2 nice wine glasses to add to a gift basket.

I love the Dollar Store. Maryjanes and Toosie Rolls. Silcone spatulas, throw away aluminum pans, tall kitchen garbage bags, dog food bowls, Halloween and Easter stuff, plain white candles for our many lightning caused power outages, cheep papertowel for window washing 2/$1!
Things change out once in a while, so if you like something, better get as many now.

Gosh, it's one of my favorite places. I buy most of my gift bags, wrapping paper, tissue paper, gift boxes, cards, bows and silk flowers there. They always have great new decorations for all seasons.:cool:

I have found some nice Holiday platters that I purchased at the Dollar Store. Great for serving desserts and appetizers. You can't beat it for cleaning supplies. I never buy them at the grocery store anymore.

I haven't gone thru all the threads so I'm sure there willl be repeats as to why I love Dollar Stores and why other people turn around in stores in KZ after I've just loudly gasped at the outragious prices......but moving on: gift bags by the tonloads, tissue paper, Halloween and Christmas decorations, vanilla scented carpet deorderizer powder which goes in the litter box, bathroom cleaning foam, containers (bought some really nice tall glass cannisters that I have in my bathroom with Q-tips in one and cotton balls in the other, plant containers, tea candles, spray cleaning bottles, towels and cleaning rags, etc................

One of the best things I got at the dollar store was the toss away aluminum pans with holes in the bottom to use on the grill for grilling veggies that would normally fall thru the rack. I got them 2/1. I bought many of them, but haven't seen them lately.

When my kids were younger , we used to use the dollar store as a reward if they were good or earned something. We could tell them they could go in there and get any toy they liked. They felt like a hero, because they had a wide variety to choose from, and we felt like heros because hey didnt come back with $400 video games. And after a week ,when they got bored with it and stopped playing with it, we didnt feel that bad either.

The things I buy most often are greeting cards. They're 2/$1 and are just as nice as the more costly ones in other stores. Always have a supply of "congratulations," "happy birthday" or "sympathy" cards on hand.

We, the women in my family, go there at Christmas to do stocking stuffer's. Since we, the adults, do a white elephant, we all fill the kiddos stockings. And believe me, they are STUFFED, lol!! The kids LOVE it!! We get stuff like girlish pens for the older ones, playing cards for the older boys, and age based stuff for the younger ones. It's so much more fun watching them all dig in than playing our game, lol

Back
Top Bottom