What is your favorite mustard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
Ohhhhhhh..... mustard, how I love thee. Sweet...... Hot....... Smooth.
How can I count the ways? :brows:

What is YOUR favorite mustard. Not just by type but do you have a favorite brand?

Yeah, I love mustard, too. There's so many great styles and brands that it's hard to even narrow it down. For general use I like Gulden's Spicy Brown mustard. Grey Poupon is also great for dijon. Commerically I usually buy Roland Grained and Roland Smooth Dijon.

For potato salad I usually buy plain ol' yellow Frenches. And any good dijon with horseradish mixed in is tasty on brats, etc. Dijon mixed with honey is great on chicken and on salmon. Last but not least I love your Chinese hot mustard on some things.:chef:

Depends on what it is on. In general, the basic yellow mustard (French's in particular) works on most anything I would put mustard on (sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers, etc.). However, I prefer a dijon mustard, i.e. Grey Poupon, for deli sandwiches.Either will work, but the dijon adds some good flavor.

Just tried a smoked flavor dijon mustard from Jack Daniels. Not so good IMHO. They ought to stick to their booze items.

Absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, compares with Phillipe's hot mustard. As far as I know, it is only sold at the Phillipe's restaurant in downtown Los Angeles.

I Love Mustard!

I Love Mustard! I don't really have a favorite. I guess it just depends on what I am eating, I like different mustards with different meats. I have serveral different kinds of mustards, I believe there are 8 different ones. This last week I went through about half a bottle of Wal-Marts Great Value Mustard, it is almost like Heinz Mustard,but it's cheaper and it tastes great.

I love mustard also. I don't mind "special" mustards now and then (hate dijon), but my favorite is French's yellow mustard. A lot of people can't see beyond hot dogs when it comes to mustard, but there are so many things you can do with it. It is the perfect final touch to stuffing. I use it in my potato salad, but I also use it to doctor up KFC or store bought potato salad on the rare occasions I buy them.

:) Barbara

I love mustard too. Yummy! The best brands ever are Hengstenberg German hot mustard and Marne Dutch grainy mustard. Mmm.. so tasty.

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
Ohhhhhhh..... mustard, how I love thee. Sweet...... Hot....... Smooth.
How can I count the ways? :brows:
I thought you love wasabi?:(

Hey, Sushi, you live not too far away. Hubby and I are planning a trip to Poupon U, the national mustard museum! It is not far from here, in Wisconsin. You have to go. My recent favorite is Vodka and Chilli Mustard. It has no brand name on it ... weird? But I love the whole mustard seeds. It is a great ingredient for salad or asparagus or artichoke dressings/dips. I love that little "pop" of the seeds, sort of like caviar.

Oh, this is just an aside, I should find a better place to post it ... but we introduced a young man to sushi AND wasabi this weekend. What fun!

Dijon mustards
and some of the Colman's English range. Always have both the above in my kitchen, plus coarse grain English and Dijon. When I visited Dijon a few years ago, I bought a whole selection of Dijons that are not available outside a very localised area. One of the very best was a Dijon/horseradish mustard. Aboslutely wonderful! My husband threw the last jar (empty!) out before I had time to write down the details of the manufacturer etc... I have not been able to get it since :(

Another dijon fan, particularly the one with whole seeds in it. For certain things I also like Grey poupon Dijonnaise, too. Maille makes a version with honey, very pleasant mild sweet taste, with a darker colour. This one is another one of my favourite.

mmmmmmmustard is all i have to say. :)

i love mustard with meats like chicken, pork or ham, or with good sharp cheeses.

my faves are: gulden's spicey brown, gulden's zesty honey, maille dijon mustards (both smooth and wholegrain), coleman's hot mustard, and maine maple champagne mustard from stonewall kitchens.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't really care for mustard. I use it on hot dogs, pastrami and corned beef and that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom