What is your favorite "Saying"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Timothy

Head Chef
Here's mine:

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, ends with
a tear. When you were born, you were crying and everyone
around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die,
you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying.

I don't really have one favorite saying, but one I seem to utter often comes from my maternal grandfather who was one of the most wonderful men I've ever known.

He said, as do I, "Take it easy. Make it nice." It was his way of telling me (or the world) to slow down and do things right and/or to enjoy things as they come.

I had the pleasure of living with him for part of my college life and the wisdom he imparted to me is priceless.

Timothy said:
Here's mine:

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, ends with
a tear. When you were born, you were crying and everyone
around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die,
you're the one smiling and everyone around you is crying.

I love this.

I've got nothing. But my old dad used to have a few sayings. You might say he was a bit of a curmudgeon (and you'd be right). A few of his favorites...

About people who complain all the time: "I think that fella would complain even if they hung him with a brand new rope."

"Believe me, the last thing I want to do is hurt you... but it's still on the list."

"Jesus might love you, but everyone else still thinks you're an idiot."

"As a rule, man's a fool
When it's hot he wants it cool
When it's cool he wants it hot
He always wants it what it's not"

your parents ruin the first half of your life, then, the second half of your life is ruined by your children....

(not my favorite, but my kind of humor):)

I have a couple, but the first one that comes to mind is a quote from a long-time and dear friend: "If it feels good, it's supposed to, and if it doesn't, you're not doing it right."

It originally had sexual connotations, but when you think about it, it applies to everything in life. :)

Some of my favorite sayings have been my dad's.

"Off like a herd of turtles."

"See you soon or Sunday noon."

"I'm glad you got to see me." :LOL:

This isn't really a saying, but when my dad was getting ready to go buy something (for instance, glue, a light bulb, or a belt) he would say he was going to the "glue store," the "light bulb store," the "belt store," etc.

My mom had a couple good ones (she didn't create them, but she quoted them a lot):

"A lesson learned is a lesson earned," and one not heard so often (but so true), "A lesson bought is a lesson taught."

"Don't borrow trouble."

:flowers:

Last edited:
You can never change the facts but, you can always change your attitude.

The early bird gets the worm but, the second mouse gets the cheese.

We get paid to run the train not to ride it.

Lets get this circus on the train.

and a million more.

This is one.....

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

"Great minds think alike; simple minds seldom differ."

"Be the person your dog thinks you are!"

From a Mexican shop :"Perfect Broken English Spoken Here."

From a bumper sticker on the back of a truck (apparently an independent company) : "Don't like my driving? Dial 1-800-Eat S**t."

Last edited:
a thanksgiving meal takes 18 hours to prepare. it takes twelve minutes to consume. football half-times last twelve minutes. this is not a coincidence....

Some of my Favorites

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

"One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."

“For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been!’”

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

"One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."

“For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been!’”

I like this one. I may put that as my fb status..:ROFLMAO:.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom