What Is Your Favorite Song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fifty Cent has some really good music too.
32.gif
yo!

mudbug said:
Elvis's "Hunka Hunka" has some serious competition from James Taylor's rendition of "Steamroller Blues"

That tells you something about James Taylor's comeback tour. Guess he didn't get the word about Elvis.

Stir, is he doing a comeback tour? A geezer like me is not in on the latest info.

I did receive his Christmas CD as a gift this last holiday season. Is the Christmas CD the last gasp of has-been artists?

TATTRAT said:
There are too many songs so I wil just list some of my fave bands that pretty much 99% of thier work, is Fave worthy.

Anything by:

Steely Dan
Jamiroquai
Blind mans Sun
Phish
Pink Floyd
Particle
Zero 7
Steel Pulse
Groove Collective
Greyboy Allstars
and so many others...

Oh boy, this is a throw back to the 70's era for me with Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, and I've heard of some of the other bands you've listed. I'd rather forget that era myself :LOL:

-DEADLY SUSHI- said:
** crawling into corner**
Middie... youre my bestest on-line friend. There is music made after 1989. :unsure:

I know Sush. Can I just point out that you didn't ask for an era ? You just asked about favorite songs.
Okay I'll list some from the 2000's for ya.

How You Remind Me by Nickelback

Savin Me by Nickelback

Lips of An Angel by Hinder

The Reason by Hoobastank

Unwell by Matchbox 20

If You're Gone by Matchbox 20

It's Not Over by Daughtry

middie said:
I know Sush. Can I just point out that you didn't ask for an era ? You just asked about favorite songs.
Okay I'll list some from the 2000's for ya.

How You Remind Me by Nickelback

Savin Me by Nickelback

Lips of An Angel by Hinder

The Reason by Hoobastank

Unwell by Matchbox 20

If You're Gone by Matchbox 20

It's Not Over by Daughtry

Love all of these songs too Middie!

Thanks for the thread! I'm listening to The Carter Family, Robert Johnson, and Jimmy Rogers. As of now if I had to pick only one it would be Jimmy Rogers' Blue Yodel No. 2 (Lovin' Gal Lucille), but because it combines two styles, without really including the best of either, then adds some Northern influences, I would rather make it third and rather divide the "favorite" between The Carter Family and Robert Johnson. I haven't been able to pick the right songs from each yet. Listening to this stuff again, and to choose between, them has been a joy and thanks to Deadly Sushi for the encouragement.

Well, rereading the thread, I think I was commenting on something other than the original question. My favorite song, done by my most of my favorite performers is Frankie and Johnny.

By the way, does anyone else think the industry needs to figure out a way to encourage more interpretors? Neither Frank Sinatra nor Ella Fitzgerald were songwriters.

I LOVE the song Fallen by Lauren Wood but before that my all-time favoriate was The Air That I Breathe, by The Holly's. All I ever wanted to have someone to relate that song to - now I do - and Fallen too. :rolleyes:

But I cannot ignore some of the songs already mentioned - What A Wonderful World - OH MY! Now I can admit I LOVE Elvis since someone else did! :LOL: I really listen to all kinds of music. Even music I REALLY don't like I still respect the talent of the people performing.

kitchenelf said:
I LOVE the song Fallen by Lauren Wood but before that my all-time favoriate was The Air That I Breathe, by The Holly's. All I ever wanted to have someone to relate that song to - now I do - and Fallen too. :rolleyes:

Well, in the cause of love, I have to say my favorite song is "Evergreen," which was the signature song of "A Star is Born" with Barbra Streisand and Chris Kristofferson. The words are Buck and me and they were part of our wedding vows. I still melt when I hear the song.

Google the words, they are sooooo romantic and lovely. And now that we are in our older years, the words: "love, soft as an easy chair" are truly beautiful and especially meaningful at this point in our relationship.

skilletlicker said:
Well, rereading the thread, I think I was commenting on something other than the original question. My favorite song, done by my most of my favorite performers is Frankie and Johnny.

By the way, does anyone else think the industry needs to figure out a way to encourage more interpretors? Neither Frank Sinatra nor Ella Fitzgerald were songwriters.

They were performers/entertainers. Not all songwriters can do that (project the intensity needed). Songwriters & singers need to be accompanied by music. And so on it takes a lot of talented people to create harmony.

mudbug said:
Stir, is he doing a comeback tour? A geezer like me is not in on the latest info.

I did receive his Christmas CD as a gift this last holiday season. Is the Christmas CD the last gasp of has-been artists?

It was probably not a tour. Our civic center probably booked a James Taylor Performance. There was a commerical on tv for about two months prior to the holidays.

Before his face do over, a community (probably southern IL) booked a Kenny Rogers performance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom