What is your favourite Christmas Song/Carol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow!! That's really neat!! I will have to check that song out.

This is not good sound but is an updated version of the song from 2010. He always made it current. The man conducting in the background is Dal Richards - He is in his late 90's and still going strong as a bandleader and hosts a radio program my Dad and I used to listen to Sunday nights. He (Dal) has met almost everyone in the industry past and present! This is actually who we met Rolf Harris through.

I've added Six White Boomers to bring it back to Christmas ;)

Rolf Harris Hilarious Vancouver Town Grinded Down Mic at PNE 2010 - YouTube

Rolf Harris "Six White Boomers" Aug 26, 2010 - YouTube

This is not good sound but is an updated version of the song from 2010. He always made it current. The man conducting in the background is Dal Richards - He is in his late 90's and still going strong as a bandleader and hosts a radio program my Dad and I used to listen to Sunday nights. He (Dal) has met almost everyone in the industry past and present! This is actually who we met Rolf Harris through.

I've added Six White Boomers to bring it back to Christmas ;)
Fantastic!! It's so great to see musicians and folks like Dal who continue to enjoy & share their passion. So many "musicians" nowadays probably won't even be remembered in 20 years - and then you have the ones that are 80+ and still rocking up on that stage!!

Fantastic!! It's so great to see musicians and folks like Dal who continue to enjoy & share their passion. So many "musicians" nowadays probably won't even be remembered in 20 years - and then you have the ones that are 80+ and still rocking up on that stage!!

I just sent you a profile comment!

No question, requiring no thought for me at all.

First, let me say that I was told, many years ago, that I could not have any children. Stubborn Irish that I am, that was an unacceptable answer. However, after lots of unusual, painful and expensive avenues, I did conceive and my first child was born on December 5, 1970.

The Christmas song that means the world to me is Barbra Streisand's The Best Gift and makes me cry every time. Shawn was the very best Christmas gift I could have ever been given. I'm crying now, but tears of joy.

Last edited:
Katie, thanks for sharing! I am surprised I never heard that one before. It is beautiful and your story makes it more so.

I just heard Amy Grant's "Grown Up Christmas List". Another of my favourites! But I do love Christmas (or any) music in general! :)

I love Silent Night. In my family, we "kids" always sang it when the adults came into the house (my grandma lived across the street from my aunt and uncle--we'd have dinner at my grandma's, and then we'd go across the street to practice our Christmas show--I often had to pop out of a garbage can) while the adults did the dishes across the street at Grandma's. As the adults came in, we would start singing Silent Night--sometimes in English, sometimes in German. Whenever I hear Silent Night on the radio, it takes me back to my aunt and uncle's house in northern MN on Christmas Eve.

Unquestionably, Vince Guaraldi's "My Little Drum" (off the Charlie Brown Xmas album). His riff on Little Drummer Boy, not quite the same. It's light, airy, filled with joy and mood. The instrumental fills are beautiful. Almost brings tears to my eyes when I hear it.

Almost any jazzy rendition of A Christmas Song works for me as well..good female vocal, instrumental, whatever.

Another one, could not find a legal recording of it to post, is Larry Carlton's version of My Favorite Things (yeah, Sound Of Music, but on his Christmas At My House album. spectacular, particularly if you like jazz guitar.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=537n7H7DNI4[/youtube]

Last edited:
I have tried to pick a favorite since this thread was started. I can't! I love so many! I guess i will say that the traditional songs are my most listened to, but I also love TSO; they have some beautiful instrumentals.

CWS4322 said:
Anne Murray--I'll be Home for Christmas (always makes me cry--I haven't been home for Christmas since 1988).

Me too. :(
I can at least listen to it now because I have been gone for so long that now home for Christmas really does mean here.
I heard it on the way home yesterday, and I was crying again, but this time it was because I was thinking of my mom who passed away two years ago, and was able to really go home for Christmas. Wow Christmas in heaven has got to be the biggest party ever! :)

My favorite Christmas song is "The Little Drummer Boy." I love the oldie by the Simeon Choir, but I also love Bob Seger's version.

Simeon Choir
Little Drummer Boy- Harry Simeone Choir - YouTube

Bob Seger
Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band - Little drummer boy - YouTube

I am afraid this beautiful song received the Childrenese version in my household when the children were really small. Their version? Rump a bump bump became "Ruba my bum." We never corrected them. They would figure it out for themselves when they got older. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom