What is your favourite Christmas Song/Carol?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
For me there are so many I could pick. But I have to say Kathy Mattea's version of "Mary Did You Know" and "O Holy Night" by Mahalia Jackson are tied for the top spot. Both leave my in tears.

For lighter fair I would have to say Frosty the Snowman and and Jingle Bell Rock rate up there too.

What's your favourite(s)?

I like Santa Claus Is Coming To Town and The Christmas Song (chestnuts roasting on an open fire)

Silent Night. Everytime I hear it, I well up and start to harmonize with the music.

I was in a car with some girlfriends and Christmas carols were playing on the radio. I started to harmonize with them as they sang along. It was Silent Night. After the song ended, one of the girls reached over and shut the radio off. She could find no reason to keep sing with the radio. We sang it again without the radio. :angel:

It is great to have a sing a long Ads, good on ya...makes you feel good :)

Every year my sister and I would go to all the free concerts in the City. We always took the subway. On the way home, we would start signing carols on the train and harmonizing. Before you know it, we had the whole train singing along. And it would happen every single time. Our way of spreading the holiday cheer. And we gave a lot of people a happy memory. :angel:

Every year my sister and I would go to all the free concerts in the City. We always took the subway. On the way home, we would start signing carols on the train and harmonizing. Before you know it, we had the whole train singing along. And it would happen every single time. Our way of spreading the holiday cheer. And we gave a lot of people a happy memory. :angel:

That sounds like so much fun :)

Add "So This Is Christmas" and "Carol of the Bells" to my list. Also "Silver Bells." So many of the Christmas songs, when done in harmoney, are absolutely beautiful. I refuse to listen to any that have been altered to suit the singer's style. Sing it like it is written. There is a reason it is popular. Jazzing up a lovely tune or screeching it at the top of your lungs, ala "Roseanne style" just doesn't make it for me. :angel:

"Six White Boomers" by Rolf Harris.

But honestly, I love all Christmas music. :santa:

He lived in Vancouver for many years and did wrote a wonderful tune called "Vancouver Town". I actually got to meet him on a couple of occaisions with my Dad. A real genuine human being! And talented too. I love this song as well!

He lived in Vancouver for many years and did wrote a wonderful tune called "Vancouver Town". I actually got to meet him on a couple of occaisions with my Dad. A real genuine human being! And talented too. I love this song as well!
Wow!! That's really neat!! I will have to check that song out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom