What is your last experience in a Safeway store?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elf

Senior Cook
Is it just me or are the aisles in the Safeway store getting narrower? I generally shop at the local Giant Food store, but do take advantage of Safeway sale prices, this week shank ham at $.99 a pound. Walking down the aisle to the meat section the aisles seemed narrower, as I passed someone with a cart really felt that if I had a cart one of us would have to back up. Has anyone else noticed this?

I was just there. I love Safeway, the customer service is enough to make me go back even though the prices are a bit higher.

I'm Asian so I have no problem fitting through the aisles.

But I must tell you the new Trader Joe's which opened here has aisles twice as wide as any TJ's I've been to around here. Now I can bend and study the wine bottles in detail without having to play buttsies with the person behind me.

What I don't like with some super markets is when they don't allow enough space for long lines behind cashiers. Now that's poor design layout.

Last edited:
No Safeway stores around here.

I find older stores have narrower aisles. When an alder store remodels and expands, the aisles always get wider.

The Safeway we have is in another town. It's well over 20 years old and looks it. Very rundown. Dirty all the time.
Your right the isles are narrow. Always cluttered with display cases that seem to be placed intentionally right smack in the middle. They make it hard to get around. I feel like I need a GPS just to navigate around them. Avoid isle 4! Carts have gotten smaller to. But not the prices.

I hate the stores that keep making the shelves higher, it stinks having to ask a tsall person, find an employee or climb the shelves to get what I want.

<snicker, Roadfix said, "Buttsies">

I'm Asian so I have no problem fitting through the aisles.

But I must tell you the new Trader Joe's which opened here has aisles twice as wide as any TJ's I've been to around here. Now I can bend and study the wine bottles in detail without having to play buttsies with the person behind me.

What I don't like with some super markets is when they don't allow enough space for long lines behind cashiers. Now that's poor design layout.

Or not enough clerks. My local Sav A Lot actually opened a second register recently for the first time in the past year.

i shop on line at vons. they are owned by safeway. so no line problems for me. the on line system works very well. anytime i have had to call, the people on the other end are just super. once in a while i do go into the store. haven't noticed the isles are narrow. they do stick those displays in the way though.

Back
Top Bottom