"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #10071
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Back 1969 I worked in one of those offices. Remember the pantsuits with the tunic tops? I wore one of those one day. When I was reminded that women weren't allowed to wear trousers in the office, I took off the trousers and just used the tunic top as a very short mini-dress. The boss changed the dress code that day.
Who knew you were so feisty TL?

I love it!

Old 05-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #10072
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post

Who knew you were so feisty TL?

I love it!
It doesn't surprise me!

It's pouring, we have a severe T-storm warning. Lots of thunder and lightening, and possible hail.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:26 PM   #10073
Chef Extraordinaire

Last night pats of town got 10" of rain. Alot ofpeople complaining today about water in their basements. It was raining again this morning, then the sun came out & we got up to 74F in SE S.D.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:19 AM   #10074
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Back 1969 I worked in one of those offices. Remember the pantsuits with the tunic tops? I wore one of those one day. When I was reminded that women weren't allowed to wear trousers in the office, I took off the trousers and just used the tunic top as a very short mini-dress. The boss changed the dress code that day.
Laurie!??!? How are ya girlfriend?

Oh, you aren't Laurie. She did the same thing with taking off the bottoms of her pantsuit. Unfortunately, our boss was a woman.

Within a year the boss lady said she would decide if we could wear pantsuits or not after everyone gave their reason for or against. The day of her decision she showed up late - very unlike her. Until we saw her show up in a pantsuit! She surprised everyone with that move!

And as I sit here at way-too-late-o'clock the rain begins... Cleaning our atmosphere before the heat wave moves in.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #10075
Executive Chef

I am still getting used to completely different weather than what I have experienced for the last 61 years. Current weather conditions are dry and windy, accounting for the red flag warning and fire weather watch. I'm thinking I will never again see a severe thunderstorm watch or warning. Northern New Mexico has had almost no rain this Spring.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #10076
Chef Extraordinaire

Quite mild here this morning, going for 23c today
Old 05-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #10077
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

87F, and due to all the rain, the buffalo gnats are hideous! Clouds and clouds of them. The Absorbine Jr works for about 30 minutes, then need to reapply.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #10078
Executive Chef

65 degrees, and it has been teasing like it will rain, but none so far.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #10079
Master Chef

We are getting strobe lighting lightning and thunder booomers good enough to knock your sox off. LOVIN' it! Just so long as there isn't any damage or a power outage I can enjoy this stuff. Unfortunately, a lot of natives get frightened and wonder if the world is ending. A few years ago I (from OH) and my neighbor two doors up (MA native but had lived in IL and FL) were out as the storm was rolling in. Our friend between us (MA native) came out scared to death that the world was ending. We told her it was OK and if there wasn't any lightning she should stay out with us to dance in the rain!

No dancing tonight! I don't want to glow in the dark.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #10080
Chef Extraordinaire

We are getting some heavy duty thunderheads rolling in our way. The thunder is a continuous roll with no breaks and the sky looks like daylight. My house is all lit up. I am going to have to shut the computer and TV off very shortly.