"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #10481
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Speaking from experience, I recently had to survive horrendously hot hot days in Ontario and North Dakota, and no A/C to be found, except in my car.

I don't have AC in my car!

Of course that is because in Britain I would only need it about 2 days a year on average....
__________________

__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #10482
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
I guess the training school is there because that is where the expertise is.

I couldn't do what you do PF. Hats off to you.

(Oh, and that means "kudos" - I must remember to be less English!)
You don't have to be less English...just know we will ask if you say something we don't understand. You just stay you and let us play catch up. My best friend's Mother was from England, I get lots of what you say.

I love my job, it is the most fun I can have while keeping my clothes on.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #10483
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Speaking from experience, I recently had to survive horrendously hot hot days in Ontario and North Dakota, and no A/C to be found, except in my car.
That's 'cuz you bought a fan...I would have bought an AC... I would have also tried to get my sister to fit in the box it came in...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:44 PM   #10484
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

That's 'cuz you bought a fan...I would have bought an AC... I would have also tried to get my sister to fit in the box it came in...
Indeed. But I would have had to hit her with the fan. Which may have given her the right fold marks in order to fit her into the box.
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #10485
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You don't have to be less English...just know we will ask if you say something we don't understand. You just stay you and let us play catch up. My best friend's Mother was from England, I get lots of what you say.

I love my job, it is the most fun I can have while keeping my clothes on.

Oh. Thank you! I have been chatting with a friend in AZ for many years and there is a definite "language difference". We are enjoying translating "English to American" and vice versa - it's fun!

I have also been to see my friend in AZ and we were visiting Tombstone when I went to the loo (bathroom). A lady asked me the time and (having no watch on) I said I had no idea. Hearing my accent, she replied "are you from Wisconsin?"

So maybe I sound like someone from Wisconsin? (Do they sound weird?)
__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #10486
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post

Oh. Thank you! I have been chatting with a friend in AZ for many years and there is a definite "language difference". We are enjoying translating "English to American" and vice versa - it's fun!

I have also been to see my friend in AZ and we were visiting Tombstone when I went to the loo (bathroom). A lady asked me the time and (having no watch on) I said I had no idea. Hearing my accent, she replied "are you from Wisconsin?"

So maybe I sound like someone from Wisconsin? (Do they sound weird?)
Heck no. They sound like folks from Minnesota, North Dakota, Manitoba, and Ontario!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #10487
Head Chef
 
KatyCooks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Heck no. They sound like folks from Minnesota, North Dakota, Manitoba, and Ontario!
Thanks DG. That is so helpful.

And on that note, I will take the hint and leave!

Goodnight all.

Katy x
__________________
KatyCooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #10488
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
Oh. Thank you! I have been chatting with a friend in AZ for many years and there is a definite "language difference". We are enjoying translating "English to American" and vice versa - it's fun!

I have also been to see my friend in AZ and we were visiting Tombstone when I went to the loo (bathroom). A lady asked me the time and (having no watch on) I said I had no idea. Hearing my accent, she replied "are you from Wisconsin?"

So maybe I sound like someone from Wisconsin? (Do they sound weird?)
ROFL!!!!

I have friends from New Zealand and Australia, too...at least I can tell the different accents apart.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #10489
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,305
G'night Katy, it's been fun!
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #10490
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
G'night Katy, it's been fun!
Yes!
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.