"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2007, 03:06 AM   #1041
Head Chef

Thanks for all the humidity answers, it makes sense now!

We do run a dehumidifier (it came with the apartement) 14 hours a day. In any case, I cannot understand how its snowing in Rome and Bologna (where a friend lives) and its not here in Milano, lol!

But is a clear day now and crisp and fresh and really nice :)

Old 01-24-2007, 05:54 AM   #1042
Executive Chef

it's snowing again, 20% chance and it is snowing, on top of icy packed down snow. The way it looks it will be next week before I could get out, I have a hugh hill to climb to get to the black top road.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:46 AM   #1043
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by boufa06
Snoop Puss, seems that there is no need for Cara to give you water for the summer!! Pity our posts were wiped out yesterday due to server problem!!
Phew... I thought a post I had posted on a different thread had been deleted by an admin because it was totally off the point or deemed inadmissible for some other reason.

Anway, it's getting colder and colder... 2C this morning. Yet to see the bird bath and bowls of water for the cats frozen. It does happen, but very rarely. They're still forecasting snow for tomorrow, however.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:51 AM   #1044
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Pretty much the same here in Rome, after the hail storm yesterday evening, the temperature took a nose dive. It is freezing now!!
We just saw mimosa blooming last week, 2 months early, poor guys they must be freezing too!! I was just thinking with the warm winter we may be able to get our hands on those wonderful spring vegetables early,(asparagus, artichokes...) I hope the crop won't get messed up with this sudden change of the weather!!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:57 AM   #1045
Head Chef

Yes, we had artichokes and asparagus in the shops at the weekend in Milan, but the crops must be suffering now :(
Old 01-24-2007, 07:23 AM   #1046
Master Chef

We got a little bit more snow......its in the mid 20's and the roads are icy. Today is the first time I actually put my vehicle in 4 wheel drive so far this winter. I guess its suppose to get colder though. I can't wait for spring.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:28 PM   #1047
Senior Cook

We have a big arctic blast coming tomorrow and lasting through friday. It's gonna be a cold one with low of 9 degrees early friday morning and the temps on that day not getting out of the teens. Brrr!
Old 01-24-2007, 11:17 PM   #1048
Assistant Cook

We've had cold weather in Utah for several weeks now, and no end in sight. Highs in 20's lows around 0. Can't wait for spring!
outdoorcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:50 PM   #1049
Master Chef

It is 35 degrees F. at 9:00 pm. That is just amazing. It has been so cold lately. We have had any measurable precipitation for weeks now. As much as I don't miss shoveling snow, it is going to be a long, hot, dry summer if we don't receive some soon. If we don't get some precipitation at this rate this January is going to be the driest on record for this area.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:03 AM   #1050
Head Chef

Apparently minus 6ºC during the night here. The bird bath is frozen, and keeps refreezing if I put new water in. The cats don't want to go out but are getting stir crazy. One of them is a five-month-old kitten, so she's driving the others nuts.

But still no snow. The place we're moving to in a couple of months is apparently under a foot of snow and rising...