"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #10541
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
We will be getting the next season Starting January 5th. So be prepared. We even have a long healthy thread about it. Our members in England and Australia get it before we do. But they have been really good about not revealing anything. No spoilers here.
I spotted that! And don't worry, I hate spoilers too, and am very good about not spoiling people who haven't seen the episodes yet.

We are WAY off topic here!

Old 07-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #10542
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatyCooks View Post
I spotted that! And don't worry, I hate spoilers too, and am very good about not spoiling people who haven't seen the episodes yet.

We are WAY off topic here!
Well to get back on subject, did you ever go to watch the making on a "sunny" day? One of the nice things about New England, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute or two. It will change. My favorite thing is when it is raining on one side of the street, and right across from where you are standing the sun is shining and the temp is high with humidity. Sometimes I think I have my own personal black cloud that follows me. Every time I have plans to go out, it rains.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #10543
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

If you don't like the weather in Montana, just wait 2 or 3 months...in some cases 6 months.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #10544
Head Chef

Quote:
Well to get back on subject, did you ever go to watch the making on a "sunny" day? One of the nice things about New England, if you don't like the weather, wait a minute or two. It will change. My favorite thing is when it is raining on one side of the street, and right across from where you are standing the sun is shining and the temp is high with humidity. Sometimes I think I have my own personal black cloud that follows me. Every time I have plans to go out, it rains.
No, I never did that. But as for living in a place where the weather changes ALL the time? Yes, "old" England is just the same!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #10545
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
If you don't like the weather in Montana, just wait 2 or 3 months...in some cases 6 months.
If you live in England and are waiting for good weather that lasts more than half a day... wait several years. And then wait some more!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #10546
Chef Extraordinaire

I can recall having a blizzard on May 1st. Then the temp soared during the day and it was all gone by 5 p.m.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #10547
Head Chef

Quote:
I can recall having a blizzard on May 1st. Then the temp soared during the day and it was all gone by 5 p.m.
Slightly different, but a few years ago myself and a friend planned to go to Bournemouth (a seaside town on the south coast) for the day. On the morning in question (this was in late May), it was cloudy and fairly chilly. Worse, the forecast was for torrential rain in the south. My friend called and it had already started raining heavily - she wondered if we should cancel our day out. I said "no, let's go for it" and we got on the train and headed to Bournemouth in lashing rain. By the time we got there - the clouds had parted and the sun was out. (It got to 80C that day!) We had the best fun ever - went on a speed boat, ate ice-creams, played air-hockey, and sat on the balcony of a bar overlooking the coast. On the way home on the train, we bumped into two of my brothers and their friends on their way back from a day out in Winchester. It was a fabulous day! And I am very glad I didn't take any notice of the weather forecast!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #10548
Head Chef

Quote:
Slightly different, but a few years ago myself and a friend planned to go to Bournemouth (a seaside town on the south coast) for the day. On the morning in question (this was in late May), it was cloudy and fairly chilly. Worse, the forecast was for torrential rain in the south. My friend called and it had already started raining heavily - she wondered if we should cancel our day out. I said "no, let's go for it" and we got on the train and headed to Bournemouth in lashing rain. By the time we got there - the clouds had parted and the sun was out. (It got to 80C that day!) We had the best fun ever - went on a speed boat, ate ice-creams, played air-hockey, and sat on the balcony of a bar overlooking the coast. On the way home on the train, we bumped into two of my brothers and their friends on their way back from a day out in Winchester. It was a fabulous day! And I am very glad I didn't take any notice of the weather forecast!
It did not of course get to 80C.... it got to 80F.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #10549
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
80C was a typo, right?

I once went home to Copenhagen for a six week vacation (weather similar to GB, but a bit colder and darker in winter). It was summer. It was so rainy/chilly that we went to Spain for a week, twice.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #10550
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
80C was a typo, right?

I once went home to Copenhagen for a six week vacation (weather similar to GB, but a bit colder and darker in winter). It was summer. It was so rainy/chilly that we went to Spain for a week, twice.
Yup! See above!

Okay, so you know why Brits flee Britain (if they can) and annoy people who live in lovely sunny countries!

BTW, "... home to Copenhagen..." ?