"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #10811
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
97F, with a heat index in the 100's. Heat advisory, many schools around here got out early today. The one I was at lost its A/C, so we sweated it out all day, then they fixed it. More of the same expected for the rest of the week, and still no rain anticipated.

I don't mind heat if I have A/C or a nice cool body of water to hang in. Unfortunately, one can only take so much clothing off and still maintain some semblance of dignity! (and avoid being arrested...)
Well it sure would have created some interesting conversations around the supper tables in town.

Old 08-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #10812
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

Well it sure would have created some interesting conversations around the supper tables in town.
I've always said that I can put more clothes ON in the winter....

Old 08-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #10813
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
Our temp right now is 89, heat index of 94.
Sunny, but humid.
Tornado watches out in West Texas that stretches up through Oklahoma and into Kansas. Pretty much tornado alley. Hope they don't move this way, if they do, I'll get some more storm pics
Warm and sunny today but there was a horrendous (well, by our standards) storm overnight on Friday. I got up on Saturday morning to find the kitchen ceiling on the floor in a pool of water! This weekend was a bank holiday weekend (ie UK national holiday - don't ask!) so most of Saturday was spent on the telephone trying to get someone to come and do a temporary repair and quote for the repairs. It's still school holidays here so most of the roofing contractors in the telephone directory were away on holiday. I eventually found someone who told me his wife had insisted he came. He helped me clear up the mess as well, bless his little cotton socks!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #10814
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
97F, with a heat index in the 100's. Heat advisory, many schools around here got out early today. The one I was at lost its A/C, so we sweated it out all day, then they fixed it. More of the same expected for the rest of the week, and still no rain anticipated.

I don't mind heat if I have A/C or a nice cool body of water to hang in. Unfortunately, one can only take so much clothing off and still maintain some semblance of dignity! (and avoid being arrested...)
Same temp.'s here today, miserably hot & humid. Schools let out early, the ones w no air conditioning. Hoping it will cool off tonight. Nothing yet.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #10815
Master Chef

Awful heat and humidity, some schools are even telling parents not to send the kids because they no air conditioning.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:09 PM   #10816
Chef Extraordinaire

Downright chilly. 63F. I had to put a sweater on when I went out this morning.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #10817
Master Chef

Meanwhile Addie, 60 miles away the low of the night wasn't even that cool! We recorded 65.8 overnight. Hit a high of 87, now we're down to a balmy 83.5. Yup, got the AC on...and I'm still crabby.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #10818
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Same old same old, still hotter than Hades, 96 F in the shade, and still no rain in sight.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #10819
Master Chef

Not as hot, but still pretty humid.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #10820
Chef Extraordinaire

It feels like an attic outside, very hot & humid. It has not even cooled down at night! Area schools letting out early & after school activities are being canceled. Kids & the elderly are getting sick from the heat.