What is your weather like right now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
woke up to blizzard conditions this a.m. Had to clean the deck off the deck so my dogs could get down the steps.

Oh, Toots, I love your doggies. One looks a little like a retriever-mix. Makes me miss our darling Justin, who was nothing short of a canine angel.

Did you notice the bird at the feeder in the picture? Lovely.

Well....what a difference a day makes.

Woke up to everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, covered with snow. With the sunlight it was quite breathtaking. It was almost too bright, but I was so happy to see sunlight.

When I arose this morning, the roads were covered and travel was a bit challenging. At one point I looked out our front window and saw someone in a truck do a total 360 in the road in front of our house.

By noon, there was very little evidence of any snow/ice. Truly a weird weather experience. The daffodils that were emerging will be very happy to see all this go away.

I was just telling Barb L. in a p.m. how we got slammed with 17 inches of snow yesterday plus the accumulations from Friday and earlier in the week. We're digging
out from about 2 feet of snow total. They even closed the airport. They NEVER close the airport !!!!!!!! Spring hurry up and get here. Oh forget it... it still happens in the spring around here. Okay summer hurry !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
For once I, up on the frozen tundra of MN can say, BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Sunny, supposed to get to 50, its 45 right now. Things are melting like crazy, just came in from running the kids around in the fresh air. Can't wait to go for my walk later!!!

73, rain, lightening and oh yeah, TONADOES!! I heard a tornado warning for the city that I drive through to get home and of course, I had to speed up. LOL I saw a huge mass rotating, then a small rope, then I passed trees and lost sight. DANG IT!!
I finally got to see something spectacular and didn't have my camera ARGH!!!

Yeap, it's {tornado} moving off to Oklahoma right now. I think we're all in for an active evening. LOL I just wish I was in a more open area to take pictures.

I don't understand how you all stay there with all of the tornadoes! I like it up here in Canada, where all we get is a crapload of snow and ice and the occasional really bad storm that knocks the power out... we had a bad one a few years ago here in quebec that knocked power out for days in Montreal. We had to go to someones house who had a fireplace and take turns watching it...

I was born and raised here. I love Texas and can't think of living anywhere else. Just as you don't understand us with the tornadoes, I would not want to live where it gets as cold as it does there.:) The tornadoes are not an everyday event. We get watches all the time in the spring, but, being 39 and only have seen, not been in, just seen, 3 in my life. They are fierce forces of nature that are deadly and can change a persons life, but, so are hurricanes, fires, car accidents and so on. You just learn to live with it and be as prepared as you can. ;)

You make a good point :) Though, if I lived there for a year, I'd be scared out of my wits and I'd most likely be hiding in my bathtub for 3/4 of the year :p

Tornadoes can be much worse than cold weather, although usually when we have a big snowfall you hear about a bunch of older men having heart attacks because their wives made them shovel the walkways!

It does get blistery cold here, and thats one thing I don't like. Winter coat, extra sweater, hat, hood, mittens, winter boots, warm pants... if you're walking... and a scarf to cover most of your face. We've had a pretty good couple of years, but before that we would get temperatures down to the low -55 Celcius and lower sometimes..Can't stay out in that too long, thats for sure.. five minutes max lol

Outside my front door. A wonter wonderland!
Supposed to be gone by tomorrow. There's supposed to be a road out there somewhere.... :ermm:

Attachments

• IMG_2562.JPG
    IMG_2562.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 192
It's raining. It started about 1:00 AM, and supposed to continue all day. They say we may get as much as 5 inches. I'm sure glad we live on a hill!

One day of sunshine here in Bristol this week! Yay for sun!!!

But tomorrow and all through the holiday weekend it's supposed to be cold and rainy. Blah.

41, sprinkling, windy gusts coming from the south, gloomy and grey.:wacko: Unfortunately the dogs love the great outdoors and mud:dry: and I hate mopping!:LOL:

Unfortunately the dogs love the great outdoors and mud:dry: and I hate mopping!:LOL:

LOL same here! Mucky wet weather does not stop the doggie from wanting to play!

I am done with the drearyness I am ready for some nice warm sunny weather... Spring rains are good for the gardens and the trees though.

I am actaully glad we are getting rain this week because my neighborhood did a street tree planting this past weekend and I know most people wont water thier new trees like they should... maybe the rain help will give those poor little guys a chance on the bad streets of north philly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom